Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......is just waiting until most of America catches the new hemi challenger concept at the shows across the country,...before they "truly release any and all official production info"!:rolleyes: ...What's everyone think?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I don't think so. What's the point. Anyone who follows cars is going to watch the Detroit press. (Which is already done) If anything, an annoucement it will be built would make me want to go see it in person. (Not the other way around) Plus I don't think it is going to all cities. Hell, Dodge can't even tell me what cities it is going to! :mad:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7591&postcount=12

·
Registered
250 Posts
It was in DC ;)

I think that DCX is going to announce it and then pull back the curtain on a fully automated factory hidden beneath the earth's surface that churns out 10000 challengers a day at the cost of a cold slice of pizza and $.35 per unit.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
It was in DC ;)

I think that DCX is going to announce it and then pull back the curtain on a fully automated factory hidden beneath the earth's surface that churns out 10000 challengers a day at the cost of a cold slice of pizza and $.35 per unit.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
According to one of the Secret Decoder Ring insiders at AllPar the Challenger was given a go during Detroit and not Feb 09th. He can’t say more than that for fear of being whisked away to a German Secret Undisclosed Location.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It was in DC ;)

Wake up!!!!! You're dreaming again.:p

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2007HemiCuda said:
According to one of the Secret Decoder Ring insiders at AllPar the Challenger was given a go during Detroit and not Feb 09th. He can’t say more than that for fear of being whisked away to a German Secret Undisclosed Location.
Ah yes,take them off to Col. Wilhelm Klink at "Stalag 17." !!:p :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
......is just waiting until most of America catches the new hemi challenger concept at the shows across the country,...before they "truly release any and all official production info"!:rolleyes: ...What's everyone think?
I think there just messing with us!!!:mad:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
allhemi said:
I think there just messing with us!!!:mad:
...you got that right,...at least it sure seems that way!....I was thinkin' when I started this thread,that maybe they wanted the concept to get good exposure all over the country,to build up hype ,before releasing official info,...but now I'm thinkin' that if they keep waitin' too long,..they might start losing sales.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
973 Posts
The Challenger is going to be at the Cleveland Auto Show starting on February 25. Geez, that's two days. Time flies huh? Dodge sent me two free passes, so I'm going to see it again. If I see a big shot from DCX there, I'll try to pry some info out of him.

It's been almost two months now since the Detroit Auto Show. Certainly some decisions on the status of this car have been made.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It doesn't matter what anyone says, but the horsepower hungry hound that wants to own one of these beauties wants some kind of rarity along with it. What's the point of pulling up to a stoplight and seeing 11 other Hemi Challengers there too? We all drool when we even think of owning a '71 Hemi Cuda conv., right? What if they made 217,498 of them? Then there is a good chance that most peoples grandmothers have driven one to church at least once, right? What is the point. That is why the price is a tad bit more than most can afford. that is why the insurance companies don't exactly discount 500 hp cars. It keeps everything in check. So I guess I will hold out til the very last minute and check the 6.4 box and invite my insurance agent to dinner to smooze her up before asking for a quote!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wirewilly said:
So I guess I will hold out til the very last minute and check the 6.4 box and invite my insurance agent to dinner to smooze her up before asking for a quote!!!!!!!!!!!
...Hey,...I like that idea!!...I might go with that one myself,...that is if I have enough money left,to take her out to dinner,after the downpayment of the 6.4l srt-8!:eek: :p :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
...you got that right,...at least it sure seems that way!....I was thinkin' when I started this thread,that maybe they wanted the concept to get good exposure all over the country,to build up hype ,before releasing official info,...but now I'm thinkin' that if they keep waitin' too long,..they might start losing sales.:rolleyes:

If they wait much longer they will lose sales!!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
allhemi said:
If they wait much longer they will lose sales!!
I doubt it. All the electricity surrounding the car will be there when it is officially announced.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ND RAM said:
I doubt it. All the electricity surrounding the car will be there when it is officially announced.

I don't......I know of alot of people (including myself) that have said if DC does not tell us something soon we'll look elsewhere for a car....I might buy a challenger but it will be a few years down the road after I pay on the mustang I'll be getting....

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
allhemi said:
I don't......I know of alot of people (including myself) that have said if DC does not tell us something soon we'll look elsewhere for a car....I might buy a challenger but it will be a few years down the road after I pay on the mustang I'll be getting....
I have a hard time seeing you do that. Your a member of two Challenger forums that I know of. You don't do that for a car that you're just gonna give up on if they don't announce it a month after you join.:rolleyes:

$.02

·
Registered
15 Posts
There might be something to that Allhemi. A year ago, did the tranny, with a shift kit. A few weeks ago, I had the shocks replaced under lifetime warranty (Rancho's) on my '93 T-bird. For good measure, did the springs too. Yesterday, I had a new windshield installed (advertising packet thrown onto it a few months ago cracked it, it had two rocks in it to hold it down) (bloody neighborhood terrorists!). Starting to look around for a good engine rebuilder. The donk has a quarter mil miles on it, but its a 5.0 HO, it can be breathed on. Do the donk, re-skin it, and there goes the dowry.

DCX, don't let me go there, tell me what ya got...............

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
allhemi said:
I agree!!! Somtimes keeping a customer waiting too long has a negative effect on sales.;) ...I will give dcx alittle while longer at least to see what the production version will look like,...and what options and models will be available,...but after that like I've said its off to Shelbyville,as that car is also looking very hott!;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts