Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much have you paid the dealer to install the Mopar CAI? I can do it my self but I would like to keep it under warranty. The whole unit is assembled and was on the car to do a test if it increased MPG which it did by 3MPG. I put the stock intake on as i am taking it to the dealer for some work this week.

I also need an alignment is the dealer the best place to go or should I look elsewhere? I have a coupon for 119.99 for a 4 wheel alignment.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Like they said... DIY... Took me about 20-25mins.... That was just because my CAI went down in the wheel well...Most others would take me 10-15mins. Instructions a very simple most times. I have heard of people telling a shop to put it for them. Look to pay anywhere from 1/2 to full price of what you paid for the CAI. Again... DIY... what better way to get to know your car. ( Weekend Project )

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I will DIY. I had read somewere that having the dealer do it would allow the Mopar warranty to take effect. Guess that was FUD

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I paid $650 to install my own CAI! ;)

When I was installing it I noticed some f^c%er had hit the drivers side front fender of the car in a parking lot incident. That cost me $650 at a body shop.

Maybe if I had put it into the dealer I could have blamed them for the bodywork damage. I actually probably would have as I never noticed the damage it until I was right on top of it doing the CAI install, about halfway through even. It was subtle damage and I had to double check my eyes were not deceiving me.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
If you have a dealer install it, they can add it to your build sheet, and it will fall under the car's basic 3/36 warranty.
If you install it yourself, it doesn't get added to the build sheet, and you only get 12/12 Mopar parts warranty.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
3 mpg???

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
If you have a dealer install it, they can add it to your build sheet, and it will fall under the car's basic 3/36 warranty.
If you install it yourself, it doesn't get added to the build sheet, and you only get 12/12 Mopar parts warranty.
I don't think many CAIs break. They just exist. So the warranty for that is pretty meaningless.

I think the warranty concern is to do with the engine, but as others mentioned, a self installed CAI doesn't void the engine warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I don't think many CAIs break. They just exist. So the warranty for that is pretty meaningless.

I think the warranty concern is to do with the engine, but as others mentioned, a self installed CAI doesn't void the engine warranty.
I agree, just pointing out the diff.

The ONLY real issue would be if a person installed their own CAI, did something wrong (not much can go wrong on these), and that install mistake could be proven to have caused any other failures...

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I agree, just pointing out the diff.

The ONLY real issue would be if a person installed their own CAI, did something wrong (not much can go wrong on these), and that install mistake could be proven to have caused any other failures...
If someone was that screwdriver challenged that they couldn't replace a simple CAI, then they probably have bigger issues to worry about with regards their warranty.

They'll probably find warranty claims rejected because they never cleaned their air filter in the stock system, never mind the CAI. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oil Catch Can

Hello guys,

Want to ask if theres a good site I can get s great catch can for my RT. Looking to get a red one. Seen on Billet Tech they no longer carry them. But could be wrong.

Any info and help would be so helpful. Need to get one right away.

ThX guys.

Sorry guys was trying to place a new topic. Dont know how I placed it here on accident.

·
Registered
627 Posts
If your doing your own oil changes keep al, your receipts I know guy who got his warrantee declined because had had not receipts just an FYI

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Sorry guys was trying to place a new topic. Dont know how I placed it here on accident.
You can always EDIT it and delete all the text in your post. It won't delete the post, just the text which you can say something like "Sorry, double post."

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will put the CAI back in tomorrow when I get the car back from the dealer they fixed 3 of 4 issues. They say they cant hear my defrost vent rattle and its not warped where it clearly is.

After going though the lemon law on my 2011 rustang I learned allot, hell Ford gave me crap because I powder coated the factory wheels lol. I am trying to keep the car and records all with dodge so no one can ***** at me if something happens down the line.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I will put the CAI back in tomorrow when I get the car back from the dealer they fixed 3 of 4 issues. They say they cant hear my defrost vent rattle and its not warped where it clearly is.

After going though the lemon law on my 2011 rustang I learned allot, hell Ford gave me crap because I powder coated the factory wheels lol. I am trying to keep the car and records all with dodge so no one can ***** at me if something happens down the line.
Lol...everyone knows that powder coated wheels are good for 30+ hp. That's why they gave you crap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts