Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how much you guys pay on insurance per month/6 months/year either one it doesn't matter, but please let me know what trim your Challenger is, your age, and if you have full coverage or not.

NOTE: Don't tell me an amount that includes another vehicle that is also covered, as that doesn't help me. Please only include the Challenger, thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
600 per year full coverage 2009 Challenger SRT. That takes into account at least 4months parked in storage with cheap storage insurance. When I drive the car in the summer I have a $500 deductible which will also affect your rates.

Im 42 in April, my company is Libery Mutual and I have home and 2 other cars insured with them.

Dennis

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how much you guys pay on insurance per month/6 months/year either one it doesn't matter, but please let me know what trim your Challenger is, your age, and if you have full coverage or not.

NOTE: Don't tell me an amount that includes another vehicle that is also covered, as that doesn't help me. Please only include the Challenger, thanks!
I'm 43, live in NJ, one of the highest states to insure a vehicle in the country, never had any ticket's, points or at fault accident's. I also have NJ Manufacturers a company that insure's only good drivers. I know you didnt want info about another vehicle but I now drive an '06 Charger Daytona with full coverage, $500. collision deduct., and a $50. comprehensive deduct. My Medical coverage is $750,000 and I pay the first $1,000 of any injury. Property damage coverage is $500,000 also. For this coverage, I pay $1,300 a year. I dont have my '11 SRT Challenger yet but was given a quote of $1,954 a year with the same coverage for the Challenger.
I gave you info about my Charger incase you would like to compare of what I pay for the different type of car/motor
Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Damn car insurance must be quite different in the states. I don't have my Challenger yet, but I pay around $1300(CDN)/year for my '03 Hyundai which is only a 4cyl. Since our dollars are about the same now there's not even much difference when you convert it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....it won't help either way. How much someone pays is dependent on many factors (i.e. age, location, deductable(s), driving record, company, discounts, model year, etc., etc.). Your best bet is to call your current insurance company or obtain quotes from others so they can more accurately tell you what you will pay.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What people pay in different parts of the country and different sized metro areas isn't going to give you an accurate picture of what is fair in your area. I currently pay about 950/yr on just the challenger but part of that rate factors in that i have a 19 year old driver in the household, if she wasn't there the rates would be less. no accidents, tickets and a safe driver discount would probably push my rates to 600 without the daughter on the policy. In a year, our rates will go up even more when the other daughter starts to drive on her own, the last one doubled our family rates on both cars, even though she has her own beater to drive with no collision on it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow, you guys have awesome rates. The rates for liability on my '02 Concorde is 91 a month. I have 0 points on my license and have made 1 insurance claim in my life (4 years ago)!

A tornado just raviged my town over the summer, and all of the insurance rates skyrocketed (went from about $40 a month).

I don't have my Challenger yet, but when it arrives, I won't have to pay for the insurance because it will be a company vehicle. I figure I must be saving 2-300 a month based on the rates I am getting for LIABILITY only on my Concorde!

·
Banned
197 Posts
I have a 2010 R/T and live in Michigan, a no-fault state. I pay $1465 per year, full coverage, $550 deductible, no points on record, no kids on policy, 45 years old.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
In AR, 2010 challenger RT, full coverage, $1000 deductable, $300,000 coverage, 47 yo, and i pay $600 a year.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
All my cars have 300,000 for liability/prop damage... $100 comp / $500 collision deductibles
2010 6sp Mopar'10 is $670/yr (MSRP $39k) & 2009 300c Auto is $710,(MSRP $43k), both cars have OEM replacement parts clause.

48 married/no accidents... well none while driving.
300c was hit while parked at the dealer for service work last year... (Dealer claimed ignorance)
And Ins Co called that a collision, not a comp accident
and hit me for the $500 deduct... bastards

Didn't effect my rates though... neither did the $11k, 3car payout for hail damage

·
Registered
35 Posts
I pay $225 per 6 months for full coverage with $500 deductible on my 2011 SE.

Funny thing is we also have a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT fully loaded and pay $290/6 months for it for the same coverage.

We use Geico and live in El Paso, TX if that helps anyone compare. I also have had 3 speeding tickets within the last 2 years, but no accidents yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
West virginia rates are extremely high. I pay about 1,200.00 per year for full coverage. I'm 52 and a clean record. I have a 2010 RT.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
age 40...srt...it going to be around $450 a year from what the insurance guy told me

when i was 19 i had a 1990 Mustang 5.0....some companies wanted $1,000 a MONTH to insure me....i had to get my dad to co-sign and got it down to $400 a month....i was working for Gas and Car insurance

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am 49 and have my car and my home with State Farm here in NC.

My 2010 brand new RT 6 Speed cost me $674 per year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts