Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried contacting my insurance company to try and lower my approx $1,500 dollars a year in insurance cost that I pay on my 2012 SRT. I offered to put in a back up camera to see if it would lower the cost . They said it was classified as a sports car and was priced accordingly. I am located in NY and was wondering what everyone else pays, whenever they might be. That is full coverage with a $1,000 deductible. Itis not listed as my daily driver and I have a clean accident and free license.

Dan

·
Registered
236 Posts
Who is your carrier?

Mine is USAA, and I think I am paying about the same as you year, maybe a little bit less ($50~). I'm 30, and mine also includes renters insurance. Same deductible, and coverage. Biggest difference is mine is a 2015.

·
Registered
759 Posts
You both get off easy.. Try $2080...

Every 6 months... and that was the cheapest I could find. Same coverage and all, though its daily driven and I'm only in my 20s.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is difficult comparing insurance rates on a forum such as this. Various States & some different laws in each. Crime/theft rates per location or if near flood zones etc. In addition to age, driving record, credit rating etc.

Do not own a Challenger (yet). But have shopped around for my truck & house. Have never found savings others claimed how theirs dropped by switching & have been with the same co since the late 90's(Country Financial).

Here is a list of some top rated ins co's you may have some interest in.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/best-car-insurance-companies/

·
Registered
267 Posts
16 SRT runs $1250/year. I thought that was high as my Scout was $600/year. Insured through Pekin, I am 46, and coverage limits are 500k for everything since I own a business. My record is spotless.

·
Registered
336 Posts
$1165 per year for my '15 Scat Pack daily driver with 100/300/100 liability, $250 deductible comprehensive and $500 deductible collision.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I found out that reducing my comprehension deductible from 500 to "0" at State Farm was only a couple bucks more per 6 months. Not sure how other states work, but State Farm only writes policies for 6 months at a time here in Florida. Can't buy car insurance by the year.

I was also pleasantly surprised that my SRT392 was only about 15 percent more than my Dodge caravan to insure. I thought a performance car like this would be like... double.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
It's tough to do a general comparison. The variables are age, driving record, where you live, how many miles you travel to work each day. I switched to AAA earlier this year. I'm looking at about $1200 a year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I pay $1344/yr total for both 2005 Envoy and 2015 SXT Plus. 250 deductibles. Through MetLife Grand Protect. I'm 50 with excellent credit and driving record. About 7000 miles/yr total between both (in NY, so Envoy in winter).

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
I pay $1344/yr total for both 2005 Envoy and 2015 SXT Plus. 250 deductibles. Through MetLife Grand Protect. I'm 50 with excellent credit and driving record. About 7000 miles/yr total between both (in NY, so Envoy in winter).
You didn't list your policy limits. That is part of what sets the premium.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry, the policy limits are 100/300/50 liability. BTW, I have both my home and auto through them and submitted a home claim several months ago due to a damaged roof. It was actually a pleasant experience to deal with them and my rates weren't affected either. So far I'm quite happy with them.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Also remember this: when you or anybody else on this forum switch to a new car insurance company, they have authorization (and big motivation) to offer you a huge "signing discount." Talk to your insurance agent (doesn't matter who you're with) and ask them this. They all do it. So if you are a brand new customer with ANY insurance company, your rates will be hundreds less than normal. Normal is when you've been with the same company for 3 or more years. They gradually jack your rates back to normal once your signed on. Again, ask your agent about this. That's how companies like Geico (and others) can advertise that 15 minutes can save you BIG dollars. They're not lying, but the savings are very temporary.

·
Registered
410 Posts
$230/mth but my coverage includes living the greater new orleans area. Third highest car insurance premiums in the nation.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The agent actually told me to try haggertys or a speciality/ collector company to see if it will be lower. I pay about 200 a year for my 71 but has loads of limitations and requirements . Thanks for the answers as I wasn't sure if it was good ole New York giving me the horns again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm in NY and only pay $100 a month for my 2015 Scatpack. That's for full coverage and $1000 deductible. I'm 38 with a spotless record. Just never got caught lol.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
$1,060 per year for a 2017 Hellcat, full coverage, 100/300/50 liability, 500 deductible in So cal. It also includes a mechanical breakdown coverage which I have never seen before.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Who's your insurer?

$1,060 per year for a 2017 Hellcat, full coverage, 100/300/50 liability, 500 deductible in So cal. It also includes a mechanical breakdown coverage which I have never seen before.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts