Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently getting quotes ranging from $500 - $1300 each to get the 1/4’s painted in Px8.
Which price range sounds about right to you guys that have recent experience in this matter ??
I know quality comes at a price and when weighing quality vs cost the cheapest option isn’t always the best choice but is $1300 price tag in line with todays cost to repaint a quarter panel ??
If the high end of these estimates sounds right to those of you who have been down this road then 12 hour shifts are still foreseeable in my immediate future …
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wood Comfort Floor Rectangle Hardwood

Wood Office equipment Automotive exterior Bumper Office supplies

·
Registered
2018 Plum M6 Scat Pack with Shaker
119 Posts
$500 each would probably be with no blending and minimal prep.

This is based on getting quotes for paint work in the past. And those were on dent-free un-welded panels. It was "just" for a clear coat failure.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
648 Posts
I don't know if those quarters can be painted in that color without blending, but I would expect the paint to need to be blended up into the roof because of the C pillar and possibly into the doors. Based on my recent body shop experiences, I think the $1,300 number should include prep and be the right number, if not a little light. Beware doing all your own prep, because any paint defects may get pushed back on your prep as an excuse. I wouldn't do that with anyone I didn't have a history with. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Given what I've spent on paint jobs in the past 10 years for various auto's, if you're getting quoted 1300 to paint and blend up into the A pillar etc then jump on that. When I had just one front fender repainted earlier this year on my 38 plymouth with blending it was $2200. Maybe my shop is a little high, but the work is 100% top notch

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
908 Posts
Just had right rear quarter panel redone after I scraped it...
$900...
Can't tell difference...
Just go to a real good recommended body shop...Preferably one that does restorations...Otherwise it'd be a Miracle if it was good...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
To do it "right" They will be painting most of the car. Both quarters, roof, blend doors and trunk. $1,300.00 per side ($2,600.00 total) sounds low to me. I'd put it at closer to $4,500.00 for that job.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
It's been 8 years since I had to have body work done on a car (not my Challenger). I simply went to the shop that I knew had the best reputation for quality work within about 100 miles. Screw the cost. Get it done right. They did the job perfectly and the price was reasonable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts