Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a forged stroker kit, and bore my 5.7 up to a 392 in my 2014 R/T. I've been talking to a few machinist's in the Panhandle area, but they won't give me a build price. They always hesitate and say "I'm not really sure" or just don't get back to me after I ask for an estimate.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
376 Posts
Hi,

All depends upon what all is being done, new part cost, any special things or needed reworking on the new parts, yes it happens, and what has to happen to your block, are you rebuilding the heads? Port and polish?

Lots of variables maybe ask for a range as lot of little things add up.

I recently had a Oldsmobile 455 redone, have about 12 grand into it and wasn't anything exotic 0.030 forged pistons etc..

Might want to look for referrals for people in your area that have done the stroker builds, they might help you avoid the wrong shops and lower quality parts.

Best of luck with it.

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: Limpylegs

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
532 Posts
I would search out a shop that specializes or at least has experience in building performance engines. My guess is the machine shop down the street is more used to vanilla rebuilds and maybe not quite who you want doing a a build like this.

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
447 Posts
I would call Scott down at American Muscle Performance in Pompano Beach. Very good Hemi shop with great labor rates. Discuss your build, HP goals. Like asked above, doing heads, mild or aggressive cam? You most likely will not find a machine shop that will give you these answers. Are you installing the stroker kit or looking for a shop to do the work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts