Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its gotta to some degree...reason i'm asking...

currently i'm running the stock chrome clads with stock tires, 6-speed, 3.92 rear. i saw a picture of someone that has 265/50-20's on their stock rims. it looked nice and meaty, but makes the overall diameter almost 2 inches bigger i believe. now its gotta effect the gearing somewhat, and i'm hoping to hear from someone who has run bigger diameter tires at the track to see how bad it effects the ET.

i really like the look of that big tire but dont want my acceleration hurt too bad.

thanks

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
i know its gotta to some degree...reason i'm asking...

currently i'm running the stock chrome clads with stock tires, 6-speed, 3.92 rear. i saw a picture of someone that has 265/50-20's on their stock rims. it looked nice and meaty, but makes the overall diameter almost 2 inches bigger i believe. now its gotta effect the gearing somewhat, and i'm hoping to hear from someone who has run bigger diameter tires at the track to see how bad it effects the ET.

i really like the look of that big tire but dont want my acceleration hurt too bad.

thanks
I am running a 390/40-17r 12.5" wide and 29.5" tall I had PB before I broke the half shaft we reset the trinity to the tire diameter I liked it almost made the 1/4 in 3 gears came up about 100' short. I think it helps actually had better mph also.
Hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts