Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s kind of vague, but just out of curiosity, if the following 4 mods were done, what would you think the horsepower output would be?
5.7 automatic with:

Long tube headers
392 cam with necessary components
Obviously unlocked/tuned pcm
Hellcat lower airbox

(FWIW, Borla catback exhaust but that’s not necessarily a performance part)

That’s really the only performance upgrades I’d consider doing because it’s a DD, and TBH I probably won’t do any of them because $$$, but I’m just curious.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
~400whp on Dyno jet. It will get u very close to a stock scat pack but just shy.

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
440 Posts
Most that did the 392 Cam swap years ago along with longtubes and a good tune were getting right around 385 at the wheels. Dyno's should still be posted on their threads. (2014/2015 old threads) No gains up to around 4000 rpms and then it takes off. Good thing is no loss down low below 4000 like some of the other cams available that make more power.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm. Kinda disappointing numbers considering how expensive all that stuff is. I wasn’t expecting huge gains but was thinking a little more than that

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Hmmm. Kinda disappointing numbers considering how expensive all that stuff is. I wasn’t expecting huge gains but was thinking a little more than that
What's ur goal with the car? Hp numbers don't mean everything.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's ur goal with the car? Hp numbers don't mean everything.
In all reality I’m probably not going to do any of the above (except intake which I’ve already done and exhaust which is on the way), I was just curious what the output would by doing those mods.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Ah ok, well I was just gonna say Dyno numbers shouldnt be what performance is based off. But there's nothing wrong with keeping it stockish. Less headaches in the end for you.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I recommend shorty headers if you are looking to go cheap. You'll gain 10-15 RWHP and they bolt right up to your cats. Long tubes give best results, but shorties are a great alternative.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,866 Posts
I put together a list of power adders and RWHP but most are with superchargers.

You can always check the dyno runs from these sites to get a better idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts