Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much PCV hose is needed to install a BT catch can on a 5.7 R/T ? car is sleeping so I can go wake it up to measure :)

thanks

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I ordered a catch can from BT and they sent hoses with the can for free. They had other options for some nicer hoses but they ones that just came with the can were more then enough.

Cheers!
Brendan

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I installed the rubber hoses that BT sent with my catch can. One hose was a little bit too short and it must have had a air leak and it set off my check engine light. I ended up getting some expensive steel braided hoses with anodized fittings/clamps. I think it looks better and is just the start of blinging out my engine for 2014. I think my hoses were 18 and 22 inches that I bought. Also had to dremel tool some of the clam shell cover to accomodate the hose rubbing near the catch can.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Depending on where you place your catch can, have it all setup and then take a tape measure and see how many inches of hoses you'll need. You can get quality pcv hose at Autozone for cheap that's by the foot.

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
How much hose for a 6.1 with a Z bracket, pics please
With the Z-bracket, one of the hoses requires a 90 degree bend. After trying several hose options, I found the perfect solution- a Chrysler emission PVC hose for $9.99. It made by Dorman HELP! and is Part #46033. (Advance Auto carries this as well as many other stores).

Simply cut off 6 inches from the straight end and install. The 90 degree bend attaches to the PVC valve. Also, no worrying about about having to bend, and possibly crack, the catch can's brass elbow to make a straight hose fit.

The second hose is a straight fit (no bends).

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...hedFrom=header

1 - 6 of 6 Posts