Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
1st thing any buyer should do (When buying any car NEW or USED) is get the VIN and call their insurance company and ask them how much they would pay if the car was bought and then totaled leaving the seller's property. The most I would pay is that amount MINUS my deductible. I doubt you could even get GAP insurance on that car through a private seller, if you could that is just 1 more thing added to the price of the car.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
1st thing any buyer should do (When buying any car NEW or USED) is get the VIN and call their insurance company and ask them how much they would pay if the car was bought and then totaled leaving the seller's property. The most I would pay is that amount MINUS my deductible. I doubt you could even get GAP insurance on that car through a private seller, if you could that is just 1 more thing added to the price of the car.
That would be nice but I can’t even get my insurance card from my insurance company (StateFarm) let alone an answer to a question

·
Registered
14,075 Posts
Obviously a unique situation so will require a unique buyer with a specific purpose to give you top dollar for this car.

Your average buyer looking for a nice car to drive will not give you anywhere what you think this car might be worth but someone looking to keep it exactly as it is and not drive it might.

So I agree with the auction route, that's probably gonna be your best shot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,433 Posts
Who knows, what is the vin, is this Challenger #0001 or something? The problem with ultra low miles cars is, they are only worth having to someone with tons of cars and a place to stick it away. They are valued much higher than a low mile car, but the instant you drive it, $$$$ just flies out the window. Now if you want a 2008, obviously, you would love one that is basically new, just how much of a premium would you pay? Still it isn't a super high value car in any way, so it isn't real bad, but yeah, low to mid $20Ks maybe more to a collector and less as a driver.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I feel bad for the original owner. He must have had this towed from the dealer to his home. Then he just stared at it for 12 years. Maybe he thought it would be worth millions by now?? So, brake fluid change, coolant change, and that gas line is going to be a problem if all the gunk from having ethanol in our gas now is still in there. Does the car even run?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
My car had only 176 miles on when I bought it last june 2019. Everything had been fine and at 3600 miles on it now

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
No sympathies from me on speculators. If you buy a car and don't drive it, anything goes at "sale time."

It's all a gamble, and market driven. The seller can only be mad at one person. Himself.

·
Super Moderator
15,091 Posts
the value would only increase over time and some significant time after the LA series would have been out of production.

the trouble is, the 2018 Demon pretty much set the high mark for a collectible model and far more limited production than the '08s were.

And there have been 450k (and counting) LC & LA series Challengers built. Every few years another model was more powerful / faster / more advanced than the last - and it keeps on going.

Look at how many years (30+) it took for Buick GNX models to appreciate and much smaller production of the Grand National & GNX models. That model's claim to fame is it was faster than the 'Vette for the model year - if it wasn't for that, it would have been a footnote in the Buick Regal line as a specialty model.

that '08 should have had fluid changes (brake, coolant, engine oil) at a minimum. Or stored "dry" so that brake lines and cooling system don't rot from the inside out with old fluids in them.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
No sympathies from me on speculators. If you buy a car and don't drive it, anything goes at "sale time."
It's all a gamble, and market driven. The seller can only be mad at one person. Himself.

Know a ford guy who paid twice sticker price ( 40K ) for a 07 Shelby and recall him telling me that he hopes that it was going to be a one or two year production run, therefore increasing in value. 335 HP later, still in production...

HOT ROD ON

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
Find the right person...

A Guy

1 - 20 of 83 Posts