Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
What we did to those cars was a crime. Cutting holes in the doors to put a crappy 5" speakers in for the under dash 8 track. We ran 'em in the winter and the salt ate them up. We threw away original hard to find pieces of the engines and interiors for after-market parts.......but again no-one knew at the time.
So true. My bud's father had a '70 Cuda, Plum Crazy, 440+6, 4-speed pistol, white interior and vinyl top, Rim-Blo, Tick-Tock Tach, Magnum 500s. Would be a high-dollar car today. He tossed the six pack because no one local could tune it, repainted it blue because who the hell wants a purple car. In the early 80s the door panels were already getting chalky. But damn that thing ran like a raped ape. He got rid of it before the market went crazy, and he was an investment counselor!

OMG, I forgot about the vinyl tops. AS a kid growing up, next door neighbor had a Charger in that rusty metallic type color with what looked like an alligator skin top. That was an awesome looking car to a five or six year old kid.
Remember the Mod Top? Rare when new and a really low survival rate.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Can you direct me to that thread?
When I bought my lowly 5.7L T/A last April.....I got FF pricing, ALL of the holdback (both totaled $3,404) then $4,000 in rebates....for $7,404 off.

I just don’t see how anyone received $15,000 off the car.....unless it was sold at a HUGE loss.
Uh what? I got my MSRP $51xxx 1320 for like $42,300 and that was before power dollars. Close to $9k?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
MY msrp was $51K ish and got it for $34,500. Car just had to sit for 5 years to get that price...………..LOL

Yes, could have got a better deal on second gen, wanted first gen.

No matter what we spend, just spend what U want. Settling for second is for losers or boozers.

The Very Lucky Happy Owner

car2.jpg

81 - 83 of 83 Posts