Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered more carbon fiber interior pieces. And some fog light CF surrounds.
I have carbon fiber TA stripes. And the theme is black and green go. I am just trying to get opinions on how I know if I am getting to the point of insanity.
What pieces would you cover if you were going to do this.
Interior and exterior. I have my own ideas but other opinions are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
15,432 Posts
The operative word is tasteful. In my opinion, carbon fiber should just be an interior accent, not the most prominent feature. Too much is overwhelming.

For example, a door badge was my only carbon fiber mod.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
571 Posts
I ordered the carbon/suede package. Whatever that gets me will be it.
I'm very impressed with my carbon/suede package. It has a matte finish and looks awesome. The best part is that it has a nice rolled CF edge and does not have that silver bezel around the outside of the console like the standard trim has. Really classy.

I haven't found anyone who sells carbon fiber with the same matte finish, so I can't buy any other trim that matches it. Might try buying a piece of the standard glossy stuff and see if I can make it match.

·
Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the carbon is fake, it is too much.
So if it is real carbon fiber you cant have to much?
Just like paint matching to the color of the car...when is it overboard?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,306 Posts
The Vinyl Carbon Fiber looks like that Vinyl, also yes there is a over kill easily a few accents ok beyond its an eye sore.
My 2011 has some Carbon Accents mild and I hate it I don't see the fascination with it but each their own. You do as much
as you like and enjoy.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
When the carbon is fake, it is too much.
100% agreed!!
Real CF has a purpose thats well beyond cosmetic...fake poser stickers all over, that start to peel off, curl over or UV fade out, looks even faster though.....
Next stop: "Slowlogic's DBFPUCFRGD" (distressed battle field pick up fake CF Rear glass decals) :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to be a minimalist. Spent way more money on go fast parts. Those days are behind me and the carbon fiber "look" has bitten me. Speedkore built a charger called evolution that is completely carbon fiber body. It is a thing of beauty.
I want the look. Sprinkled liberally throughout the car. And its reversible. Just like the pic I posted of the steering wheel. I love the look.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,754 Posts

·
Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,648 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,060 Posts
I'd say if you added one of these...you have a condition.

View attachment 1028137
Now you did it. Revtime says, nothing better than looking at yourself in a rearview mirror surrounded by CF lol.

Reactions: Revtime

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,754 Posts
So I did a search on amazon using "challenger" as the word search (was clicking thru like the first 15 pages of results) and I was surprised how many CF accessories there are for the challenger.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I ordered the carbon/suede package. Whatever that gets me will be it.
You will love it. I ordered it too.
Much nicer than expected. Especially the suede. Includes A and C pillars.

It's your car. That's what matters. You will know when you get there. IMO.
When you need to go to therapy. That's a clue you are getting close.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack triple nickel 6 speed manual.
161 Posts
It’s your car and your money.…you do what looks good to your eye. That said, at least the fake carbon stick on pieces are cheap to buy and easy to remove. When you go to sell it I’d remove all of it. A prospective buyer will almost certainly want it stock over all the fake carbon stuff.

·
Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I did a search on amazon using "challenger" as the word search (was clicking thru like the first 15 pages of results) and I was surprised how many CF accessories there are for the challenger.
I think ebay has even more. Chinese dudes love to outfit our cares with cheap ornaments.

·
Super Moderator
15,432 Posts
I think ebay has even more. Chinese dudes love to outfit our cares with cheap ornaments.
Be careful about buying items from China. You will be charged a currency conversion spread and your debit or credit card issuer may also charge you a separate fee for non-U.S. transactions. This can often exceed the cost of a minor purchase.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
So if it is real carbon fiber you cant have to much?
Just like paint matching to the color of the car...when is it overboard?
I'm a Huge fan of tastefully done Real carbon fiber and think that it looks Great! The thing is that Real carbon fiber isn't cheap, so that sometimes limits how much you put on. People put the fake stuff on because it's cheap. The downside is that it looks cheap too and takes away from the effect that Real carbon fiber offers. I did it in stages or I'd wait for Nice used pieces to come up for sale. The downside here is that Real carbon stuff for Challenger's doesn't come on the market often (Vette's either but it was the right place at the right time type of scenario).

I had quite a bit of the real stuff under the hood of our old Vette and it looked Great to me, but it didn't appeal to everybody.

I Respected their opinion but didn't care because it was My (Our) car and I didn't build it for them. It sounds kind of harsh but it's how I feel. You can't Please everyone and also the saying goes that everyone is a critic is true. People have their opinions and most of the time they aren't scared to voice them.

As far as your statement goes, It's overboard when you think that it's overboard! It's your car, so do what you want to with it. As stated above, everyone has an opinion and you're NEVER going to make everyone Happy because people's tastes differ, so do what makes YOU Happy and don't worry about anyone else! Same thing with Real versus Fake carbon. If you like it, then thumb your nose at the snobs/critics.

That's just my opinion though (see what I mean about People voicing their opinions :D).

I used to be a minimalist. Spent way more money on go fast parts. Those days are behind me and the carbon fiber "look" has bitten me. Speedkore built a charger called evolution that is completely carbon fiber body. It is a thing of beauty.
I want the look. Sprinkled liberally throughout the car. And its reversible. Just like the pic I posted of the steering wheel. I love the look.
I couldn't agree more with you on the SpeedKore Charger! It is a rolling Masterpiece that proves my point about the cost of Real carbon fiber.

The pieces that SpeedKore sells are Top Notch, well built carbon pieces but are pricey, but sometimes you get what you pay for. That's one of the reasons that peeps do the fake. They could do their entire car with the fake or hydrocarbon stuff for what one or a couple pieces of the Real carbon costs.

I don't care which fake carbon you get, it'll Never look like that! It lacks the depth that Real carbon fiber offers and just looks fake to me. Like I said though, I tend to be a bit of a carbon fiber snob.

Like I also said, do what makes YOU Happy!

PEACE! (y)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts