Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of talk about tuners and not about how much you can gain.i did the Diablo on my last R/T and thought it was a lot of money for what I had gained.also can I get a pcm from a junkyard to swap out for my present pcm thanks for your input

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I see a lot of talk about tuners and not about how much you can gain.i did the Diablo on my last R/T and thought it was a lot of money for what I had gained.also can I get a pcm from a junkyard to swap out for my present pcm thanks for your input
This is what the tuning school eeked out of a 6.4. On a 5.7, if running 93 and tuning for it...maybe another 20hp. I'd say the OEM cam is the biggest crutch.

Why not just send out the PCM in the car to get unlocked...or is a DD?

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what the tuning school eeked out of a 6.4. On a 5.7, if running 93 and tuning for it...maybe another 20hp. I'd say the OEM cam is the biggest crutch.

Why not just send out the PCM in the car to get unlocked...or is a DD?
I think that’s a lot of money for 20hp gain I guess im butt hurt by getting beat at the dragstrip every friday night and start thinking about ways to get more horsepower out of the 5.7 how long does it take to for the process of unlocking the pcm

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Well depending on what you do the cost per 1hp is ~$40-$90 with these rigs. For example, forced induction nets about ~160hp for $7200 (DIY install with tune and upgraded fueling) which is $45/hp.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
BTW I think the Pentastar guys gain more benefit from a tune because it is a multi-cam engine.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,292 Posts
tune HP is really only fully realized when combined with other standard HP building mods..the tune brings them all together and helps it all work efficiently. as a stand alone with no other mods (?why?), youd be lucky to get 20hp, probably less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts