Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine pointed out that the Challenger was born under MB partnership and he was wondering just how much of the Challenger mechanicals are of MB origin.

Now I'm curious too.... anyone know?

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Registered
149 Posts
HVAC Units - Manufactured by BEHR
5 Speed Autostick Transmission-Benz Design
Suspension-Shared with E-Class
Steering Column
Seat frames
Electrical Systems
Cruise Control system
Chassis-Shared with prior generation E-Class

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
The 8 speed tranny will replace the 5 speed, and the electrical system is being redone for 2015... I wonder how much more they engineered out of the car for the model change for 2015?

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I didn't know I was part Mercedes.

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Premium Member
876 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
HVAC Units - Manufactured by BEHR
5 Speed Autostick Transmission-Benz Design
Steering Column
Seat frames
Electrical Systems
Cruise Control system
Chassis-Shared with prior generation E-Class
I like your list but isint there more things then that, im pretty sure the whole real IRS suspension and rear end is too?Plus even the pedals our the same thats why we can use there stainless kits?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Thankfully, the number of Daimler parts in our Challengers keeps shrinking with every redesign.

The parts that matter most are ALL Dodge: heritage name, iconic design, American sound...in brief: Dodge soul

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Thankfully, the number of Daimler parts in our Challengers keeps shrinking with every redesign.

The parts that matter most are ALL Dodge: heritage name, iconic design, American sound...in brief: Dodge soul
Why thankfully??Im pretty sure if not for Mercedes our cars wouldn't be near as nice they had a lot to do with the new generation Hemi!
Plus i think we would have went out of business without there $$$$

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Why thankfully??Im pretty sure if not for Mercedes our cars wouldn't be near as nice they had a lot to do with the new generation Hemi!
I agree.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The drop down windows are a MB feature. Rumor has it that there are hidden Nazi symbols also.:liar:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Did everyone forget already?

Despite Jurgen Schrempp's dreams, and the old E-Class platform helping spawn the LX cars, Daimler did NOT want Chrysler.

I used to own a beautiful 1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. Many years later, I got a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible as a dealer loaner. OMG! What a royal POS! I was horrified: instead of having progressed, poor Sebring had regressed 15 years!

Under Wolfgang Reinhardt, Chrysler completely decontented Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Caliber, Patriot, Compass, Nitro, etc.
Once Daimler was done, they tossed the carcass over to the Cerberus hyenas, and the rest is history.

Am I happy to have owned many SRTs. But I haven't forgotten how Daimler treated Chrysler.

PS: Reinhardt is now doing the same at VW, and driving the US business into the ground.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
They absolutely raped Chrysler. We had something like 12 billion in cash when the acquired us and they went on a spending spree when they got their Hands on it. The only good thing to come from that time was the 300.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I like your list but isint there more things then that, im pretty sure the whole real IRS suspension and rear end is too?Plus even the pedals our the same thats why we can use there stainless kits?

So yes, you are correct!

·
Registered
510 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts