Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2013 with MSRP of $37,000... What should i be able to get it for?

Reading that 5-15% off MSRP is normal...up to 25% or even 35% off slow selling leftovers w/ redesigned models out...

Considering Challenger RT probably not a great seller in winter, think 15-20% off is likely?

Any idea what a "good" deal on fairly loaded RT classic is?

20% off would be $29,600... 15% off MSRP is $31,450.

Think thats really feasible?

Dealer offering down to about ~$33,500 ~(10% off MSRP)...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I think this one is an outlier but I'm probably going to be looking at an 2013 R/T classic that's about 10k below list tomorrow night. I'm watching the kids tonight or I'd already have looked at it. I was planning to order a 2014 but if the 2013 ends up being the same price pretty well loaded I'm thinking its worth the hike to go see it at least.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
972 Posts
I ordered my SXT back in Feb for $24.9k, $7.3k (22%) below MSRP Looks like Dodge incentives aren't quite as good now though. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to get down to $30k on yours, but only you know what you're willing to pay and only they know what price they're willing to accept, so head in there and be polite but willing to walk if your two numbers don't overlap. Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
121 Posts
Need to sell my 2013 R/T Classic, please take a look at my ad on the board.
Thanks Ron

2013 BLACK w/BLACK Stripes R/T CLASSIC 2700miles
Black w/Black stripes and Radar Red interior
Under 3000 miles on this loaded R/T
Only used in dry weather as a second car.
Adult owned, Garaged always
Sticker Price was $40,165
Optional Equipment:
Package 28M $4000
Sound Group II $1,295
5 Speed Automatic $1,100
Anti Spin Differential Rear Axle $195
Power Sunroof $995
Uconnect 430n Sat/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $595
20 inch Heritage Wheels $995

I added FACTORY Mudflaps
I added FACTORY Brite Sill Plates
Purchased 4/13 so plenty of factory warranty remains
This car is an absolute pleasure to drive.

There is a Lien that would have to be satisfied before car was released.
****PRICE REDUCED $30,500 FIRM ****
SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY! Please understand I am NOT interested in any trades or whatnot.
Please PM for my #
Thank You

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but Im looking for white and 6spd.

Need to sell my 2013 R/T Classic, please take a look at my ad on the board.
Thanks Ron

2013 BLACK w/BLACK Stripes R/T CLASSIC 2700miles
Black w/Black stripes and Radar Red interior
Under 3000 miles on this loaded R/T
Only used in dry weather as a second car.
Adult owned, Garaged always
Sticker Price was $40,165
Optional Equipment:
Package 28M $4000
Sound Group II $1,295
5 Speed Automatic $1,100
Anti Spin Differential Rear Axle $195
Power Sunroof $995
Uconnect 430n Sat/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $595
20 inch Heritage Wheels $995

I added FACTORY Mudflaps
I added FACTORY Brite Sill Plates
Purchased 4/13 so plenty of factory warranty remains
This car is an absolute pleasure to drive.

There is a Lien that would have to be satisfied before car was released.
****PRICE REDUCED $30,500 FIRM ****
SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY! Please understand I am NOT interested in any trades or whatnot.
Please PM for my #
Thank You

·
Registered
601 Posts
I recently looked at an RT plus blacktop that was about 37,500. I had the dealer down to 31000. I wanted the blacktop stripes taken off and 32 OTD. He wouldn't budge. I actually think he was willing to take the 32 OTD but my request about the stripes was the hold up. Car had been on the lot since Feb in Florida sun. I wanted them off and also to verify there was no visible lines from the stripes (faded) before signing anything. He was having non of that. He said if I buy it they'll take them off for free but would back it if "I didn't like it". The point of my rambling? You'll definitely get it to 30k. If you are paying cash(check) or have the money financed through your own bank or a credit union you might even get 30OTD. I'd walk in an offer that at least and you'll probably end up at 31 OTD

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I bought my loaded 2013 R/T Classic, which stickered for $39675, for $7100 off last December. That's about 18% off. This was with $2500 in rebates and $4600 dealer discount. Shop around using the Build a car on the Dodge website. Select the 200+ dealer radius, and see what pops up. Each listing will take you to the dealer website when you select the dealers name in the 'Search new inventory results' area. Also check the Dodge website for the rebates you are eligible for. Right now it looks like $2000 off a 2013. Wait until late December, when the dealers are looking to pad there yearly sales numbers!

p.s. I bought mine from a dealer in CA, over 500 miles away. Did the entire deal over the phone and mail. The $ I saved was worth the $500 in shipping costs.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
It REALLY depends on the dealership. Some will hold onto models well into the next model year... not that long ago I knew of two 2012s still in stock as new..... Some will discount them good. Best bet is to go to the dealerships website, if you find what you like email them about it... do this for several dealerships stating what you are looking for and that you are emailing several dealerships. That is the easiest and most painless way for you to do it... versus going into the dealership and spending an hour and probably going no where..

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! I'd jump at it for $10k off! Heck, probably do it for $30k. Otherwise im gonna order a '14 exactly the way i want it (the '13 i found was everything i wanted including colors but i wanted the 430 radio...and '14 seats are cool

I bought my a few months ago. 37,900 got if for 27

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just sent email with a $27,735 (25% off) offer. Otherwise, i think i'll just order a '14 exactly the way i want it locally. Still hoping to be 10-15% off if i place order during upcomming slow months...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just put a deposit on a 2013 tonight the deal was too sweet to pass up.

Redline 3-Coat Pearl Exterior Paint $ 500
Customer Preferred Package 27M $ 4,000
Interior Appearance Group by Mopar(R) $ 780
Sound Group II $ 1,295
Super Track Pak $ 595
Power Sunroof $ 1,095
Uconnect(R) 730N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/
HDD/NAV $ 790
20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Wheels $ 995

MSRP $41,040
Paid $30,990

I was trying to get a base model 2014 blacktop with sunroof and stripe delete and was quoted over 31,000 at a few different dealers so I jumped at the chance to get a fully loaded R/T classic for under 31k.

Take it easy
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Every dealership is going to be different just depends on getting what you want in the end. I got my 13 sxt that stickered for 28 after dealer add ons for 225. Helps when you know people too. But the old myth about paying cash gets you a cheaper price is nothing but that. I spent ten years in the car business doing everything from sales to management to finance. 95% of dealerships out there will give you a better deal if you finance and most use credit unions and you can still get incentive rates. But again it just depends on the dealership. Good luck to you and I hope you get what you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just put a deposit on a 2013 tonight the deal was to sweet to pass up.

Redline 3-Coat Pearl Exterior Paint $ 500
Customer Preferred Package 27M $ 4,000
Interior Appearance Group by Mopar(R) $ 780
Sound Group II $ 1,295
Super Track Pak $ 595
Power Sunroof $ 1,095
Uconnect(R) 730N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/
HDD/NAV $ 790
20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Wheels $ 995

MSRP $41,040
Paid $30,990

I was trying to get a base model 2014 blacktop with sunroof and stripe delete and was quoted over 31,000 at a few different dealers so I jumped at the chance to get a fully loaded R/T classic for under 31k.

Take it easy
Jay

That sounds outstanding. Post up a ton of pics when you can.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dealer contacted me and conter-offered...$30,500+ ....with a deal worth considering. However, i'm now wondering what i could get a 2014 for if i order it now....what i'd imagine is a slow time for these sorta cars.

Anyone tell me what kind of deal i could get on a '14?

$38,475 MSRP for a Classic, 6spd, w/ STP, Sound Group II, Uconnect 430, Polished Classic II wheels, Sunroof.

10% off; $34,627.50?
15% 0ff; $32,703.75? i'd jump at this point!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Your in the same boat as me and I think we are looking to get about the same price too. Let me know if you get a deal on the 14s. I'm looking to get one in jan. but have already started the process of tracking down what I want. I'm probably just gonna end up ordering one thought.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
395 Posts
Two months ago, I offered my 5700 mile 2010 SRT8 and $12k for a leftover '12 Yellowjacket and the dealer turned it down. It's still sitting on their lot getting more faded by the day. They're trying to sell it for $10k off sticker and there it sits week after week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts