Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red theme going with my car, including the Billet underhood dress up kit. I have yet to do much on the interior, so I was thinking about purchasing some more Billet items. I would love to do the red to match what I have under the hood, but I'm having a hard time picturing how it would look.

I'm thinking about doing the shifter knob, shift stick, shift plate, cigarette lighter delete and perhaps the cup holder accents. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this would look if they were all red?

If anyone has any pictures of these items installed and all one color, I'd love to see them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
In my opinion, with red in the interior less is more.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I feel that subtle color has the greatest impact on interiors. Especially keeping the "Muscle Car" appearance. Heavy doses of any color seems to be more of the loud showcar look to me. Doesnt make it a bad thing. Too much should be totally up to you but opinions dont hurt:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I would say pick your one or two top items that you want to change out on the interior and do those first. Then if you like the look try a couple more until you reach the point where you and maybe someone close to you who you trust says to stop.

It is kind of like dying your hair blonde - you just don't go platinum on the first try you have to work your way into it. Sorry but I did not have another metaphor to use...........

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Here's a little red. I would pass on the door lock covers.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Would like to see someone with that same set up in black. If you like all that red though, go for it!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kuda - any chance I can get a close up of the shifter? That looks great from far away, just curious to see how it looks up close.

If you can, great, and no hurry. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Close up. I probably should have mixed the engravings, maybe a Mopar M.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I agree a little bit at a time, unless of course BT is having a sale, lol.
My only gripe about anodized red it's not red enough IMO.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
cool, I will follow this because its the same theme I want to do.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again Kuda, looks awesome. Will start ordering red parts shortly...

·
Registered
323 Posts
it really just depends on how far you want to take it. ive seen complete red interiors that just looked amazing. the problem is when people tend to just pull the pieces off the car they can easily take off and color that it starts to look less clean so to speak. go sit in the interior and just think it thru.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts