Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know prices vary from place to place and depending on mods. But I'm looking for a ballpark/average price I should expect to pay. I only have a CAI and magnaflow catback on it. I was quoted $350-400 from the 1st shop I called.

Now I just put the Predator canned 93 octane CAI tune on it a couple days ago. What can I realistically expect for my $350-400? Will it be dramatically different from the canned Predator tune?

Thanks,
Skarn

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i have seen 35 to 40 hp.. but realistically its gaining gobs of mid range power that you can really get from a tune.. If you lived local i could get you in there for abut 250.. dialed in and numbers.. and while your at it a 100 octane tune for track days

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Im going to highly doubt there are any huge gains to be had from a custom tune on a bone stock car like that over the canned tunes.

Whether or not its worth it to you is up to you only...

Now, if we're talking a heavily modified vehicle with $1000s in aftermarket mods, then the cost of the tune should be of no concern, as it is the single most important piece of the entire puzzle ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I used the 91oct CAI canned tune while using 93oct gas, with the mods listed in my sig. I had 0 gain over stock. I think a custom tune will be better than the canned tune in that it is made specifically for your car. Thats what I will do. for the canned tunes you need really good gas, with the 91oct tune and 93oct Mobil gas I had up to 4.5 deg st knk and 1 deg LT knk.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok, I know prices vary from place to place and depending on mods. But I'm looking for a ballpark/average price I should expect to pay. I only have a CAI and magnaflow catback on it. I was quoted $350-400 from the 1st shop I called.

Now I just put the Predator canned 93 octane CAI tune on it a couple days ago. What can I realistically expect for my $350-400? Will it be dramatically different from the canned Predator tune?

Thanks,
Skarn

If interested I just had a custom tune done and can fill you in on my experience. Just PM me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looking for a couple of tunes . . .

i have seen 35 to 40 hp.. but realistically its gaining gobs of mid range power that you can really get from a tune.. If you lived local i could get you in there for abut 250.. dialed in and numbers.. and while your at it a 100 octane tune for track days
I live in St Marys, GA. I have a 2010 SRT8 6-speed, and my co-worker has a 5.7 auto. I have a predator, and my co-worker is contemplating getting one. His problem is hesitation in the shifting. Can one of your custom tunes resolve? I think he would purchase a tuner/tune from you if he could solve this particular problem.

I am also interested in a tune, since I do not see much of a gain with the stock tune.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dan are you saying you can do custom tunes??

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
I agree with Diablo Mike your wasting your money tuning a stock car with CAI and CAt back, the can tune is all you need

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
no but i can help you get it big bear.. your easy cause your real local..
we can log the differences and post them up.. i picked up great hp in the mids..
i do agree that money is better spent with a modded car but the autos should see shifting improvements on can tunes..
nothing wrong with spending a couple of hundred if your not addinng or taking away from your car.. even if you just run a base line it helps

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
talk to johan.

·
Registered
861 Posts
no but i can help you get it big bear.. your easy cause your real local..
we can log the differences and post them up.. i picked up great hp in the mids..
i do agree that money is better spent with a modded car but the autos should see shifting improvements on can tunes..
nothing wrong with spending a couple of hundred if your not addinng or taking away from your car.. even if you just run a base line it helps
I'm gonna have to hit you up, if my parts ever get here!!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
you can get me in the global or 4784475225 im moving to the 116 soon. im going to be a section chief over there..

·
Registered
861 Posts
you can get me in the global or 4784475225 im moving to the 116 soon. im going to be a section chief over there..
No way! I got a few buddies in the 116th, that's cool I'll keep you in mind, just waiting on parts and then i gotta install

1 - 13 of 13 Posts