Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If DCX is able to deliver a car that looks like the concept--this will be a hot seller!

If so I will definitely buy this car-but I won't be a sheep like the people who couldn't wait to get the new Mini Cooper. (Some people who couldn't wait were paying up to 9k over invoice for the showroom model).

If demands exceeds supply then I will unfortunately wait a year to let things cool down.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Unfortunately, the majority of the Dodge/Chrysler dealers here in the greater SoCal area have been doing just that since the of advent of the 'PT Cruiser'. When I initially went shopping for a new Chrysler '300C'/Dodge 'Magnum R/T', SoCal dealers were asking anywhere from $2,500 to $10,000 over MSRP...that latter being absolutely ridiculous. It seems to be all a matter of economics; i.e., supply vs. demand...mixed-in with a little greed. :(

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
There going to try you can bet on that!! I for one will not pay one cent over MSRP for this or any other car!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
plymouthcolt said:
If DCX is able to deliver a car that looks like the concept--this will be a hot seller!

If so I will definitely buy this car-but I won't be a sheep like the people who couldn't wait to get the new Mini Cooper. (Some people who couldn't wait were paying up to 9k over invoice for the showroom model).

If demands exceeds supply then I will unfortunately wait a year to let things cool down.
I'm with you, I wanted my srt-4 before they even hit canada, yet even working for a dealership, I'd have taken a huge hit to buy one right away so I'll do the same with the chally :) ................... fortunately the srt will surely help to boost my spirits while the anticipation drives me insane :D

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I think it depends on how many units DCX plans to produce. In my opinion they will sell a ton of units, the question becomes will they try to create even more demand by limiting production. If they limit production or cannot produce the vehicles fast enough (as was the case with the SRT8) then you are going to see high prices and be lucky to get a car at MSRP.

Hopefully by the time they are ready to produce this vehicle any material shortages (hemi engines, etc) will be solved and they'll be able to keep up with demand.

·
Registered
114 Posts
though i believe they are not putting it in limited production though. I think they are trying to out sell the mustang.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ekool said:
I think it depends on how many units DCX plans to produce. In my opinion they will sell a ton of units, the question becomes will they try to create even more demand by limiting production. If they limit production or cannot produce the vehicles fast enough (as was the case with the SRT8) then you are going to see high prices and be lucky to get a car at MSRP.

Hopefully by the time they are ready to produce this vehicle any material shortages (hemi engines, etc) will be solved and they'll be able to keep up with demand.
yes definitely will be a factor.........either way, I'm sure I'll wind up racing a new chally before I own one :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sr4tuner said:
though i believe they are not putting it in limited production though. I think they are trying to out sell the mustang.
I'm with you...Make as many as you can!! Go for the sales record!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh I think you could bet on High Markups at least for the first year or so. Maybe not on the V6 versions but definitely on all the HEMI ones.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't plan on bending over (Ben Dover? Nice to meet ya!). Got my 300C when they were first coming out with the Chrysler employee plan and expect same here. Now, if they throw a mini cooper in it's trunk I might reconsider :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can i be his buddy tooo :)
It depends all on amount of cars produced.
and whan the Allocation will be like i am sure that the Hemi 6.1 will have a gas guzzler tax so that will affect DCX CAFE so they might limit them.
Chevy has the Z-51 Package on Constraint for the C6 cause it reduces their CAFE number
Look at whats happening with the Solstace they are building slow and u cant get one close to MSRP

·
Banned
95 Posts
Well when I car shop in S Cali it seems any car worth a crap has a "Mkt Adj. Fee" for ex. I am currently shopping for a E60 M5. In the San Diego area they all are asking $10-15K over the $91K MSRP. Now in S Fla around West Palm Bch they are at sticker or even a tiny bit under. I am told by reliable sources that we will be looking a $3-5K over or about the same the SRT8 is getting. A Charger SRT just sold for $8K over at the local Dodge place.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There will diffentlly be a mark up. The next factor will be allocation. If history repeats itself, which it will, this car will be difficult to come by. Just as the PT and the 300's were. Figure on a minimum of $10,000 for the mark up. Forget about everything else if you don't pay it, you won't get it. The dealers will be playing hard ball for the first few month. DCX has done a great job in the auto market of recent and the reality of it is that the competition had nothing to offer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All I know is that I am dieing to put one next to my '05 Hemi magnum. The local dealer tells me that they probably won't be very negotiable, which is fine as long as they don't jack it up so high that you have to negotiate. 28-32k for a Hemi version is reasonable!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What if we build the car ourselves via the website? :)

My buddy did that when he wanted to buy the 350z when it first came out. He did have to wait for three months while it was in the que to be built, but he paid exactly MSRP.

I figure you go to a dealer directly:

1. You just can't wait
2. You are trying to negotiate a lower price

Since we know #2 is impossible with the Challenger, can we just build and price it on the web and bypass the dealer and pay exactly MSRP?

·
Registered
15 Posts
plymouthcolt said:
What if we build the car ourselves via the website? :)

My buddy did that when he wanted to buy the 350z when it first came out. He did have to wait for three months while it was in the que to be built, but he paid exactly MSRP.

I figure you go to a dealer directly:

1. You just can't wait
2. You are trying to negotiate a lower price

Since we know #2 is impossible with the Challenger, can we just build and price it on the web and bypass the dealer and pay exactly MSRP?
I went to both "dodge.com" and Chrysler.com and clicked on "Build & Price" and it just reroutes to another webpage at that website; it didn't go to the pages that allow you to build. Anyone else try? Maybe it's just my computer but I couldn't "Build & Price" at either website.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts