Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it cost to drop a srt8 6.4 engine in my 3.5 ? Would it be cheaper to drop a 6.1 ? An what about dropping a viper gen2 engine ? Which one would be cheaper to get at 1000rwhp out of it ? Anyone have a clue :fight: :grouphug:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the real question is, how much would the other required upgrades cost you?

I dont think that many of the parts on the 3.5 are designed to handle the 6.4 engine.

It might even be cheaper to just do a trade in, IMO...

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
The V10 would be a major item to install - much bulkier engine (5 cyls/bank long vs. the 4 cyls/bank of a V8).

A S/C (with reworked internals and reduced CR pistons for more allowed boost) 6.1 or 6.4 would get you closer there to the 1k hp.

Overall, you'd have a lot of harnesses, PCMs cost of a complete engine, transmission, TIPM reflash. Plus you'll need the accessories for the V8 engine that would be different than what's on the the 3.5 V6.

At that point...better to get a used 6.1 or 6.4 SRT and build it up from there.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
This has been discussed on many threads , do a search if you want to know ALL that would be required.
Much cheaper to upgrade ( to do it proper).

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
KashOne, I have a 6.1 motor and NAG1 Trans for sale with only 1,292 miles on it so if your serious about doing this you won't find a newer/lower mileage setup cheaper anywhere I can assure you but you better act fast because I have dibs on the Trans if I can find a buyer for my Longblock but a buyer who wants them both gets priority first!!! These are on ebay too and lots of calls are coming in so do your research and act quickly before they're gone!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your kidding me right :pillepalle: that's too much hp :banana: I'll think about :scratchhead: I might just get the one pushing 750 :browsmiley:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts