Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the market for a long time now. It was my intention to wait for the 2015's. Considering my budget and how much I can stomach paying for a car, I am now considering the 2014's.

I have found the car that I want about 8 hours away. I know that Dodge has a $3,000 incentive running right now but I have no clue what I should be paying at this point in the game.

2014 Blacktop RT

I have been quoted $30,801. (Including rebates and a $500 document fee)

How much would you pay?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am in the same boat as you though I am interested in a 100th annivsary edition myself.

That price seems in the ballpark though you may be able to talk them down some more. Basic R/Ts are going for about $29k around here ( New England). Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Built one exactly like it (from the window sticker at link) using truecar for my area and they are giving me a price of 30,250...this does not include any doc fees or taxes and tags...I would offer them 28k "out the door" either cash or financing thru them (sometimes they will come off the price more if you finance thru them because they get a kickback from the bank) and be willing to go to maybe 29 (again out the door, taxes, tag and all included) if it was exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This dealer will not budge off of their original offer. They must really love this car.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
That is a fair price....

I have been on the market for a long time now. It was my intention to wait for the 2015's. Considering my budget and how much I can stomach paying for a car, I am now considering the 2014's.

I have found the car that I want about 8 hours away. I know that Dodge has a $3,000 incentive running right now but I have no clue what I should be paying at this point in the game.

2014 Blacktop RT

I have been quoted $30,801. (Including rebates and a $500 document fee)

How much would you pay?
Mine was $36K MSRP. I got it for $31K. The "Blacktop" will hold value well because they come fully loaded like a "Classic,"...and have a unique look. Mine looked better than my SRT. The prices of regular RT's will drop when the 15's hit the dealers. You might want to wait. But...I doubt a BLACK, "Blacktop," will depreciate much more than "plain jane" RT's. They have a fan base similar to the "Classic" bubbas. The cars has every 5.7 performance option available.

Bottom line...I'd still have mine if I wasn't able to afford the SRT. Loved that car. Because it has STP...all it NEEDS is a Blower.

P.S. The 100th anniversary edition looks great. But they are WAY overpriced. A Black-Blacktop looks way more [email protected]/sinister. If I were you...I'd get a Blacktop...and install a Magnusson Supercharger. "Luke" can hook you up. You can have 50 more HP than my SRT..at safe boost levels. The STP Brakes/Shocks are adequate for this type of upgrade.

·
Registered
610 Posts
my RT classic was fully loaded with every option including radar red seats, seat warmers etc.. 730 N bla bla bla.. it was MSRP 40K and was listed for 45k (adjusted price..) miami area are very [email protected]%!%$# but i got it at the end for 35k .. so play your cards right.. i could have probably fought it for 32 or 33 but it was fresh of the truck and someone wanted to test drive it so I jumped on it before nobody touched it ! lol

·
Registered
700 Posts
So i've been running some numbers myself and I've been slightly considering a '14 SRT or perhaps '13 SRT but the dealers in my area, 'New England' also, still have many of the SRT8 listed in the low 40's. Although I've been in love with that Sublime RT.

I'm just going to wait for the 392 RT price point then decide from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts