Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

The one thing I like about the LX models is the pricing. Has anyone heard of what pricing maybe? Can we expect around 45-50 for the SRT version? If this goes into production I'll have 2 mopars.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know how reliable MPH Magazine is, but their February cover (which is somewhat hidden, but on the net) says 425 HP for $28k. If that is true... then it's still sort of unbelievable. :lol: My guess is that the V6 version will be about $22k. The V8 version (I'm guessing 5.7 HEMI) will probably be about $28k. And the SRT-8 version will probably start about $35k for a 6.1 HEMI. If they have the 392 HEMI option then that will probably start around $38k - $40k.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Guys from AllPar quotes....

“Prices will probably start around $22,000 for the V6 model (I don't know at this point if they will use a tweaked 3.5L or the 4.0L, whatever one they use, expect about 275HP). There will probably be a few trims of the V6 models, each with varying content. The next model up will be the 5.7L Hemi "R/T" which will come in at just under $30K. The SRT-8 with 425+ horsepower will most likely be about $36,000 - $38,000 depending on options. ”

·
Registered
128 Posts
In no way am I rich but if they build me the car want and I'll hand them $40k.

It's hard to guess right now where they will go with it and we don't know how many options there will be or where the car pricing market in general will head in the next 2+ years.

The guesses so far seem quite logical...

·
Registered
492 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Guys from AllPar quotes....

“Prices will probably start around $22,000 for the V6 model (I don't know at this point if they will use a tweaked 3.5L or the 4.0L, whatever one they use, expect about 275HP). There will probably be a few trims of the V6 models, each with varying content. The next model up will be the 5.7L Hemi "R/T" which will come in at just under $30K. The SRT-8 with 425+ horsepower will most likely be about $36,000 - $38,000 depending on options. ”
This certainly seems plausible to me. I also believe that I've read somewhere that the 3.5L HO V6 will actually become the new 3.8L HO V6...with about 275hp. Personally, I'm leaning more toward the 'R/T' version for myself, that is, unless the 'SRT/Cuda' version's price doesn't shoot above forty grand. :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
WildKarrde said:
I don't know how reliable MPH Magazine is, but their February cover (which is somewhat hidden, but on the net) says 425 HP for $28k. If that is true... then it's still sort of unbelievable. :lol: My guess is that the V6 version will be about $22k. The V8 version (I'm guessing 5.7 HEMI) will probably be about $28k. And the SRT-8 version will probably start about $35k for a 6.1 HEMI. If they have the 392 HEMI option then that will probably start around $38k - $40k.
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, (I posted this same thought in "Build It and They Will Come")..........

Dealers can ruin it for Chrysler (and potential buyers) if they start with their "Market Adjustment" sticker add-on of $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 like I've seen with the SRT vehicles. They did that also to the 300 C's in my city, when the 300's first came out and it was a waiting game for the 300 C's.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Pricing will be in the Mustang range. Since this is its major competitor, it has to be.

Now, make a liar out of me DCX. Price it lower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK .all i want to know is when and where do i place my order to get my challenger .as a past cuda owner and 70 and 71 challenger owner .i want to own this one also .it will look great parked next to my 72 340 demon and my 03 srt-4 .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope those prices stick, outside the dealer mark-up.
Now if DCX will make it easy for the aftermarket to add their touch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ChallengerCrazy said:
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, (I posted this same thought in "Build It and They Will Come")..........

Dealers can ruin it for Chrysler (and potential buyers) if they start with their "Market Adjustment" sticker add-on of $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 like I've seen with the SRT vehicles. They did that also to the 300 C's in my city, when the 300's first came out and it was a waiting game for the 300 C's.
In Ontario dealers can not "legally" charge more than MSRP, so maybe a little lucky that way:)

·
Registered
492 Posts
camero said:
In Ontario dealers can not "legally" charge more than MSRP, so maybe a little lucky that way:)
Unfortunately, stateside, especially here in the SoCal area, dealer 'greed' (err...mark-up/marketing allowance) is common practice and one can always usually find anywhere from about $2,500 - $10,000 'tacked-on' to the window sticker of the most popular models. :mad:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
DC knows this car is going to go head to head with the mustang and the price will go right alone with it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
allhemi said:
DC knows this car is going to go head to head with the mustang and the price will go right alone with it.
Ford spent a lot of time figuring out how to make the Mustang cheap. The biggest complaints center on its interior in this regard.

If DCX does its job of targeting upwardly mobile third car candidates expect this to come in at just below $30K for a 5.7L and $40K for the 6.1L. 3.5L cars will most likely make up the $25K range. Also expect first and second year SRTs to command dealer markup. All okay for me, I'm happy with my 300C and will be waiting 4 years until the convertible SRT makes its debut!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I'm betting this car will be neck-in-neck with the current Charger pricing. So, hopefully, we'll be able to pick up our R/T's for about 30k. The MSRP on the SRT's will be mid/high 30's, but if if they are anything like the Charger SRT 8's are in my area now, dealers will be raping folks for 10-15k more than that.

It should be interesting to see. I'd like to be wrong and have them come in under my guess... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree that if they're pricing it to compete with the Mustang, see similiar or a little higher prices than the Mustangs. If they can keep the SRT under $40k, especially using the 6.4L, it will be a steal

·
Registered
100 Posts
SRT8Texas said:
I agree that if they're pricing it to compete with the Mustang, see similiar or a little higher prices than the Mustangs. If they can keep the SRT under $40k, especially using the 6.4L, it will be a steal
Agreed. Good 'staged' pricing is the key to high sales and no dealer markups.

My problem with the new Mustangs is that the MSRP for a GT is 29k but every dealer I've gone to never has one less than 33k.

Also, I would love to see some of the old Mopar colors get resurrected for this model.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I picture this beautiful car to come in at around $36k. And I'm hoping that there will be a very limited 6.4L version (500++ HP) for around 40k.....now that would be very cool!!!:eek: :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
If they wind up dropping the 6.4 HEMI in an SRT version, it will have to be under $40k (hopefully in the $33k-$35k range) in order to compete with the upcoming Ford GT500 Mustang. Ford is promising it will be under $40k when it's brought to market. The worst thing Dodge could do is slap a high price tag on this vehicle and run themselves right out of the market. Value is one of the big reasons why the Mustang has survived as long as it has.

With regards to dealer markups, it's simple. Don't buy it if it's marked up. If everybody followed this, dealers would have no choice but to sell the vehicle for MSRP. I'd drive a couple hundred miles to buy a vehicle off a dealership that sold at MSRP, over a local one that had even a $1000 markup, just for the principle of the matter.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts