Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
So far... everyone that has seen it for the first time has given me a compliment.

Only negative comment so far? When I told them I passed on the sublime green in favor of the torred a guy told me "OMG Seahawks colors!"

Eh... I'm from Georgia and am an Atlanta fan. The Falcons decal will look great. :)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
It gets called a "rolling turd" a lot (mine's an R/T). Sometimes POS Dodge. Lots of kids in Accords smoke me then flip me off too. Lots of attention, for sure!

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Just about every time I have it out, someone makes a good comment about my R/TC. It's been like that for over four + years.

Now back in the fall of '10 when I bought it, things were in a frenzy, everywhere I went. There was no such thing as a 10 minute stop anywhere. Folks just wanted to see one up close and chat.

It was great being part of that time frame for a Challenger owner, but it's nice to be able to get where I'm going , on time, and not an hour late because I stopped somewhere, and got "held up" LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've owned a few Porsches, Mini Coopers, and a few others that I care not to mention - I've never gotten more compliments than with my Challenger!

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
Just go buy it, you won't regret it. Don't buy something based on how much validation you think you'll get. Buy it for you. But if you want the most compliments, get a heritage (high impact) color. I've had one Hemi Orange, two Header Orange and one (not so) Jazz Blue. All the Oranges got compliments almost every time I took it out on weekends. The Jazz Blue got four comments in the 13 months I owned it. The Challenger screams for high impact colors.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I should've done more homework. I thought it only came in black, brown and light brown. I believe I saw some with red stripes. Damn, more thread crossover banter... :)

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
I should've done more homework. I thought it only came in black, brown and light brown. I believe I saw some with red stripes. Damn, more thread crossover banter... :)
You're going to scare him off of the Challenger. The last thing I want to see on the road is another @*#&@** Honda.

PS, mine was brown but I poured some bleach on it to keep the stink down and it changed to Orange.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I get compliments, every time I go somewhere and park it, I've even had people chase me down in the parking lot to ask me about it:grin2:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
You're going to scare him off of the Challenger. The last thing I want to see on the road is another @*#&@** Honda.
Uh-oh, someone's on to me... Last thing I want is someone cross-shopping Hondas and Challengers coming back to call my car a turd! Remember that guy calling himself a "challenger victim" and who got a GT after an SXT? Besides, I doubt he's really shopping... for a car, that is. ;)

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Compliments? Daily. I also get the "poor guy bought a Dodge" from time to time.

Got one today from an uninformed individual. His exact words were, "Is that a Dodge or a Charger? It sure does look sweet." I paused a second, looked at him and said, "It's the new Hyundai electric. 485 horsepower and the electrical charge will allow me to get 140 miles per gallon of gas." I then just shut the door and drove off. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Compliments? Daily. I also get the "poor guy bought a Dodge" from time to time.

Got one today from an uninformed individual. His exact words were, "Is that a Dodge or a Charger? It sure does look sweet." I paused a second, looked at him and said, "It's the new Hyundai electric. 485 horsepower and the electrical charge will allow me to get 140 miles per gallon of gas." I then just shut the door and drove off. :)
Hilarious!! What if he sees you again and ask you more question? This time you can't exaggerate yours! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well to my understanding, the challenger is much more appealing than the accord coupe, isn't that so?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I get a lot of compliments.But I'd say 99 % of people don't know an SRT from an SXT.
Standard questions In order.Does it get good gas mileage,is it fast.Standard answer.Not bad,and yes.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Positive compliments EVERY time I take it out...
Color, wheels, overall car, someone ALWAYS says something nice!

When posting pics online, (FB), thats when I get some of the standard "slurs" about the car..

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I get a lot of compliments.But I'd say 99 % of people don't know an SRT from an SXT.
Standard questions In order.Does it get good gas mileage,is it fast.Standard answer.Not bad,and yes.
You should tell them, what I tell them "yes it is fast, NO you can not drive it"

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I traded in a sharp 2014 Chevy SS for my Scat Pack. I got so sick of people asking me if it was an Impala.Malibu and one guy told me it sounded great (Stainless Works 3" headers on back) and then asked me if it was a Cobalt?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I traded in a sharp 2014 Chevy SS for my Scat Pack. I got so sick of people asking me if it was an Impala.Malibu and one guy told me it sounded great (Stainless Works 3" headers on back) and then asked me if it was a Cobalt?
Wow! That's an insult!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nearly every day, it's crazy actually. I expected a few, "Thumbs up" but the response it garners from other people is literally at a, "Celebrity" level. Really amazing actually.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts