Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
I’m in Maryland and seldom get a reaction about my SRT. There are some, not lots, of Challengers in the area. In the nearly four years I’ve owned it, I’ve gotten only a few compliments and a thumbs up. I suspect the granite crystal color has something to do with it.
My wife drove it to work once and parked in her regular spot. She said a lot of guys stopped by her office throughout the day to ask about it, and she said most asked if that was her Scat Pack. She said she didn’t know about that, but did confirm it was her husband’s Challenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have gotten a lot, but we have a popular cruise night every Friday evening in the summer so lots of car lovers and clubs around. Everyone likes the Challenger. Routinely get a few thumbs up and nods on the highway as well.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah, definitely a big difference between the cars you see out in CA and the cars you see here in the middle of nowhere in PA. :) I never see any Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus, Maserati, etc... So I have a much lower level of competition where I'm at. :)
Hard to justify a summer only ride of any sort in Northern Climates. It get's even tougher when they are north of $100k.

Most of us who own new Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros and/or Corvettes up north have expenses and limitations on our ability to enjoy such expensive cars people in Southern Climates don't face.

Unless you're will to drive a TOTAL BEATER held together with chewing gum and band aids in the winter........most of us quickly have just about that same money required to buy just one really nice higher end sport/luxury car tied up in two cars even if the summer ride is nothing more than a pretty generic priced Muscle/sport car. In my own case I have 5 cars registered but if I look at just two that do most of my own daily driving.......it's the '18 Challenger in the Summer on nice days and my '17 RAM for the days when the weather isn't where it needs to be.

Going all in, in terms of what a car SHOULD cost and still be worth it, and BEYOND for a Ferrari, McLaren or something of that nature........I'd have to live in an area with NO LIMITATIONS on my ability to take it out for a ride on any day I might be free to do so. No way I could ever justify a $100,000 plus sports car that has to be garaged for 4-6 months of the year. I'd likely see it very differently if I lived in the Desert South/West.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I’m in Maryland and seldom get a reaction about my SRT. There are some, not lots, of Challengers in the area. In the nearly four years I’ve owned it, I’ve gotten only a few compliments and a thumbs up. I suspect the granite crystal color has something to do with it.
My wife drove it to work once and parked in her regular spot. She said a lot of guys stopped by her office throughout the day to ask about it, and she said most asked if that was her Scat Pack. She said she didn’t know about that, but did confirm it was her husband’s Challenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not at all surprised. People who bought a Challenger in the first couple of years probably got LOTS of reaction to a new cool body style on the road.

Those of us purchasing lately? Not-so-much,

This is no longer a NEW car. It's been around for a decade now with this body style. It still looks as good to me as it ever did but anyone who'd see your new Challenger now would have seen many already.

Not nearly the same visceral response that demands a comment after you seen dozens if not hundreds of the cars already in the past.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,501 Posts
Surprisingly enough, I've gotten the most compliments from Folks with either Camaro's or Mustangs. I also got quite a few from other Challenger/Charger owners too. I've gotten a couple from Porsche owners and even Vette Guys. I'm a firm believer that if you're a car person, you can Appreciate a Nice car no matter what the make is!

The biggest question that I get is..........."Is that a Hellcat?"

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've gotten a lot of likes on the B5 blue paint. A couple of people like the "super charger" sticking out of the hood.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,771 Posts
The frequency has gone way down, which is to be expected considering how many are out there now and how many years they have been around. When I first got my 2010 R/T (in 2010) it seems like people were giving you the thumbs up or telling you how much they liked your car almost every time you had it out for a drive. I still get the occasional nice car comment but now it seems like a month or two often goes by between them. The comment though that I got several times in those early years that used to really get me was when someone would tell me how much they liked those old cars or compliment me on my restoration job lol.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The frequency has gone way down, which is to be expected considering how many are out there now and how many years they have been around. When I first got my 2010 R/T (in 2010) it seems like people were giving you the thumbs up or telling you how much they liked your car almost every time you had it out for a drive. I still get the occasional nice car comment but now it seems like a month or two often goes by between them. The comment though that I got several times in those early years that used to really get me was when someone would tell me how much they liked those old cars or compliment me on my restoration job lol.
its funny, i get more thumbs up in my busted ass 91 chevy truck..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree the return of the challenger has been around 10 years now so less people are just mesmerized by it anymore however that's why we continue to mod\personalize our challengers and its the uniqueness each owner brings out that causes that head turn, that wow and thumbs up. Yes when I was driving it daily (snow in Michigan now) I would get compliments here and there pretty often but it was the people that recognized the subtle changes and complimented on those that give me the smile. We make them ours and people recognize that's whats up.

-Dogg

·
Registered
Plum Crazy 2019 SXT AWD
34 Posts
I get compliments pretty much constantly. If I go through a drive through, about 90% chance. Pretty frequently in any given parking lot, at the gas station, etc. Thinking offhand maybe 10 times in the past 2 weeks. When I fist got it in July it was averaging 2-3 per day, but people are out less now that it's colder.

·
Registered
737 Posts
A few here and there but mostly from people I know asking me about it after I bought it. A couple neighbors and 1 stranger asked about it but that’s about the most of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want to get noticed and complimented in your Challenger , get a T/A.
Believe me, if you see another every few months consider yourself lucky!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The first day I drove my challenger to work after I bought it, there was a lady waiting for me to come out of a convenience store from getting coffee to tell me how much she loved it. It was a nice compliment seeing it was the first time I ever drove it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
At car shows and whenever I bring it out on a sunny day. I treat my 2013 RT very well though and it only has 23000 miles with a lot of upgrades to the front clip and the wheels that make it resemble the newer Hellcat more then a 2013 RT plus it has white leather heated seats and the car is bright white and I have the chrome OE Hellcat wheels on it, so it really stands out when I bring it out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I actually had a redeye owner ask me to start my Challenger up at the car show and the owners of the redeye were very amazed. They stated they had a new redeye Hellcat but it didn't sound like my 2013 RT challenger :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the SXT, very basic, but still my first V6 and I love her to pieces, Chargers are quite common here since the 2019 looks mean af, however, Challengers always get more attention, for one, it's not a family car, it takes balls to buy a two-door here, to the point where the bank refused the lease at first saying it was high risk, I had to literally shove the Charger SXT spec sheet down their throat to convince them it's not an all out sports car, but still that stance gets attention

Everytime I meet a fellow Challenger on the road, we give each other that look of approval, although I'm the poor kid on the block and everybody with Hemis and SRTs and redeyes smoke me, they still respect me for driving a Challenger.

Hell even Mustangs don't get that much attention!

·
Registered
92 Posts
At car shows and whenever I bring it out on a sunny day. I treat my 2013 RT very well though and it only has 23000 miles with a lot of upgrades to the front clip and the wheels that make it resemble the newer Hellcat more then a 2013 RT plus it has white leather heated seats and the car is bright white and I have the chrome OE Hellcat wheels on it, so it really stands out when I bring it out.
Pictures!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think having a high impact color makes a lot of difference. I do get a lot of attention in my plum crazy T/A 392. But I bet if it was a non T/A in grey, silver or white it would get noticed far less.

·
Registered
907 Posts
If you want to get noticed and complimented in your Challenger , get a T/A.
Believe me, if you see another every few months consider yourself lucky!
I own one.........they are seen less often........but ultimately I'm not sure that matters as much as you want to believe. .
I get more comments on both my wife's '02 T-Bird and a C3 Corvette. If you really want your time wasted by onlookers with comments that quickly turn to questions......buy a Tesla. Ours is nothing special a Model 3 only yet it's just crazy how many people come out of the wood work around here. I found people waiting for me to return to the car when it's parked. The '08 -20 Challenger is far different after a LONG 12 years run of cars that are pretty much seen EVERYWHERE on any Summer day.

We're not quite as "everyday/everywhere" as the Mustang but we do seem to be catching up fast. A great commentary on the successful production run for Dodge but no-so-much if you are in need of an "EGO STROKE" that happens on reaction from others. That just doesn't happen with any Challenger built since 2008 as it does with older cars and the far more rarely seen modern Era cars.

You could drive a super low production, 1 year only, Dodge Demon and the only people who'd comment would be those fellow car guys who know what it is. To anyone else........it's just one more of what is quickly becoming one more of too many.

Buy a Challenger because you like it...... if you want the positive feed back there are better choices for sure.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts