Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1462 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Congrats on both (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
61. Just sold 92 Vette to a 72 yr old. Once owned 69 Dart 340 which factory hp at crank was just 275 (just 5 cubes less than our 5.7's with 375) and it didn't seem slow in the day. Technology reaching the point where I'm now about 470 rwhp with supercharger, intake and exhaust. But no wheel hop with the old rear suspension posi setups unlike today with the IRS!

·
Registered
84 Posts
66 years old, last may I ordered my 2019 Widebody Challenger Scat Pack, before it got here in June I was told I have cancer I told my wife we should let the car go back and lose the deposit, she said we are going to keep it and I am so lucky to have it because it has helped me through a tough year with major cemo and a stem cell transplant in Nov, now I am on the road to recovery and drive my Scat Pack every chance I get
IMG_0380.JPG

·
Registered
189 Posts
66 years old, last may I ordered my 2019 Widebody Challenger Scat Pack, before it got here in June I was told I have cancer I told my wife we should let the car go back and lose the deposit, she said we are going to keep it and I am so lucky to have it because it has helped me through a tough year with major cemo and a stem cell transplant in Nov, now I am on the road to recovery and drive my Scat Pack every chance I get View attachment 994751
Wow keep up the good fight! And very good looking Challenger by the way!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my RT when i turned 48. I got it for myself as a 50 birthday present. For those people that sayng im undergoing a midlife crisis i say this. I've always driven a fast car and you don't always have to drive a fast car fast. Speed is there if you need it. I might get another one when i turn 50 or 60 who knows. A hellcat is a very good option but if the 2015 rt does 60 in close to 4 seconds do i really need a hellcat?I would really just like a 2015 rt with a widebody. grey in color. That would make me just as happy as owning a hellcat.:devilish:(y):).Cheers to all people who are enthusiasts of the challenger brand.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
28 ... im shocked that most of the people here are 40+ .... well it is better for the forum due to the experience they have :D

Can anyone post the % of age after these 73 pages?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,849 Posts
I just whipped this up
65-abs|((hp/10)-60)|=age of average buyer
I wonder how close everone is!
This is what I came up with based on horsepower/cost/desirability/ability to afford (age)
V6 - 35
5.7 - 44
6.4 - 53
Hellcat - 54
Redeye - 46
SO, how close does that come for you guys? I am within 3 years for my car/age.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I just whipped this up
This is what I came up with based on horsepower/cost/desirability/ability to afford (age)
V6 - 35
5.7 - 44
6.4 - 53
Hellcat - 54
Redeye - 46
I give you credit for creating an algorithm. I know this is an R/T board, but those figures have me 23 years too old to own my car. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I give you credit for creating an algorithm. I know this is an R/T board, but those figures have me 23 years too old to own my car. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, I was thinking how the older someone is the more car they can afford, and how likely they might be to buy one. Like how a Corvette is bad for your hair, everyone driving one is bald and grey... (so I can't get one yet, I have only a tinge of grey, but the whole front is clear! (bald))
But how things like the Hellcat and Redeye while they are even more expensive, they really appeal to the youth in everyone. And the Scat Pack is the bang for the buck point depending on options. I'm sure I am off more than 10 years on most people, but I bet I am pretty close on a lot.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Got my R/T 2 weeks ago, I’m 25

I just whipped this up
V6 - 35
5.7 - 44
6.4 - 53
Hellcat - 54
Redeye - 46
Only off by 25 years ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
46, man I thought I had to wait a while to get one, but seems I'm on the younger end of this average age. LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

Only off by 25 years ;)

A Guy
You don't count. You make up for it with your previous cars.
BTW, you should name your car after Pink Floyd, "Shine on you Crazy Diamond"

·
Registered
2019 Challenger RT
16 Posts
I'm 32. I'm on my second Challenger now. Started with an SXT which I had for 3 years and 8 months. Just got my first RT 3 months ago.

1441 - 1460 of 1462 Posts