Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I stole this question from the R/T board. I thought it would be fun for us V-6 people too.

I'm thinking we will see young people as owners, and older people like me too, but maybe not much in the middle age range. So let's see...

I'm 55, I have owned a '09 S/E and an 2013 SXT+. I now own a 2016 SXT+. It's my everyday driver, and I love it.

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
Just turned 63. The R/Ts I had were nice but there's something about this SXT. Like it better all the time. Excellent engine and trans. Interior extremely nice. Outstanding mileage and respectable acceleration. just a darned nice ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bought my 2012 new at 19, currently 25 with it fully paid off. Every day driver for me as well.
Needed a car at the time and knew since they came out that I wanted a Challenger. There were times that I wanted R/T power but after having it and modding it and driving it now with the 3.73 gears, I'd rather keep mine and put a supercharger on it.

·
Registered
958 Posts

Bought it new in Aug 13, traded in my 010 RT 6spd.

just under 20K miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
57. Got it 5/21/2016. Started looking at a new car online. Looked at good gas mileage, Toyota, Honda. Checked out the Mustang and Camaro. Yeah right, back where I started, and now it's my 2nd job, lol.

A Guy

·
Registered
145 Posts
36. Got mine in January of 2017 only 4915 miles on it and it's my daily driver. :D

I've sold about 15 of them in that same time frame and the age range is 22-65+, with the majority of them being mid 30's to mid 40's.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I am 56 and bought my 17 GT in march. I had planned to trade my DD Focus ST in on a Jeep Wrangler Because I have never had a AWD vehicle but when I was test driving Jeeps last fall I learned that the AWD Challenger GT was coming out in January 2017. I have a Challenger Scat Pack Shaker I bought in April 2016 that I only drive in nice weather it only has 5,000 miles on it. I missed driving it when it was stored all last winter so I drove the Focus through another winter and ordered my GT at the end of January. I love driving the GT the V6 is smooth running has very good power that you can use 100% of and be in complete control at all times with the added traction of the AWD. The GT is like a friendly quarter horse well tempered and willing to please where as the Scat Pack is a strong willed semi-saddle broke stallion that will rear up and try to throw you off when ever you are not keeping a tight hold on the reins.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bought my 2012 new at 19, currently 25 with it fully paid off. Every day driver for me as well.
Needed a car at the time and knew since they came out that I wanted a Challenger. There were times that I wanted R/T power but after having it and modding it and driving it now with the 3.73 gears, I'd rather keep mine and put a supercharger on it.
Would love to get a ride in your regeared car to see how that feels!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Soon to be 71. Purchased my '10 (used in very good condition) a few months ago. Due to poor health (heart) I needed to get rid of my '65 Dodge Coronet 440 hot rod and get something with heat and air conditioning, and which I could cruise the interstate at 75 mph with low engine RPM. I really enjoy my Challenger even if it does have 250hp V6. It has everything I need and looks good at the same time!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk BlackSE ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll be 67 12/27. Bought our 2015 SXT left over in January 2016 just after I retired. Tor-red, 20" wheels, runs great. Did a high performance driving class and I thought it handled fine but my instructor thought it handled like a school bus. Thinking about a few passes down the drag strip this summer.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
8 Posts
48. Picked up my new SXT+ last month. It's my first car in 20 years with more than 4 cylinders. It's my daily driver, and I find myself taking it out every chance I get. "We're down to a three-quarters of a gallon of milk. I'd better run to the market."

1 - 20 of 139 Posts