Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
I'm 65. It's a 2016 SXT Plus with Vapor Package, Convenience Group and Navigation. 18k miles, never been in the rain which is easy to do here since we hardly have any. I'm also one of the few who went from an R/T to an SXT. All factors considered for all around driving pleasure the SXT fits me best. I put on Mopar Mud Flaps, the Heckcat airbox, Gorilla lugs, ZL1 Liftpads, DIPS Intake screens, Mopar ABS Cover, Challenger Script and Fender Pentastar.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm 64 with a 2018 Pitch black SXT. Added Mopar bright pedals, DP Accessories black lugs, Stainless steel sill guards, Hellcat lower airbox with AEM dry air filter, DIPS intake screen, Mopar ABS cover, Billet Tech washer tank cap, Mopar trunk mat, Mopar matt black vapor edition fuel filler door. Only had it for a little over 4 months . With the looks of this Challenger and the power of the V6 in it ,I am pretty happy with this cruiser.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my 2010 SE for a year now and I love driving it every day. It's the one thing I'm excited for when I wake up for work at 3:30am. Haha

I know it's about as basic as Challengers get, but it's my first car that I actually bought and I love it. I'm 25, by the way!

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Looks great, like the wheel look :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I've had my 2010 SE for a year now and I love driving it every day. It's the one thing I'm excited for when I wake up for work at 3:30am. Haha

I know it's about as basic as Challengers get, but it's my first car that I actually bought and I love it. I'm 25, by the way!

Here are some pictures:
LOL nice to see I'm not the only guy that gets up at 3 or 4am and goes to work happy camper in my Challenger. I'm 55 by the way. LOL
My Challenger has giving me more smiles by the mile than any other car I've owned except my 1st car a 1978 Malibu Landua 2 tone with a 305 engine 400 turbo tranny. LOL I kept that car till 2007 and sold it to my paper boy.
Great looking Challenger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm 62 and have had my 2011 for just over 7 years. It's my company car and has just over 506,000 klms or 315,000 miles on her. She's a working girl and fricken bullet proof.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I'm 62 and have had my 2011 for just over 7 years. It's my company car and has just over 506,000 klms or 315,000 miles on her. She's a working girl and fricken bullet proof.
That's amazing!

Has the engine had any serious work done to it yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
No I added the K&N cold intake and the Mr Muscle 3.5 throttle body so horse power should be around 320. I've just added more replacement front end bars and joints but that's it. Drive train all original, run nothing but Mobil 1 synthetic oil and she gets whatever she needs. These Pentastars are amazing for sure. Original belts and no coolant leaks either. Serviced the air once couple years ago with a new thermostat. Had to replace the fuse box because of some corrosion under it probably moisture splashing in there. About to go to the dealer for a tranny service again - you should see the crowd gather round when they find out there's a Challenger in the service bay with this kind of distance on it. Paint still good, driver seat shows minimal wear, added a pistol grip and sequential tail lights first year. Best damn car I ever owned!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m 26 dude and have a 2018 SXT with blacktop package. 18K miles. I’m scared I have hurt my baby.

I like a stupid kid, added an aftermarket amp/sub. Since leaving the install place the car seems sluggish. Even pulled 29 to reset tranny for extra weight.

Help? I can’t hurt my baby!!

Pic included for some ego boost comments ;)
M

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sweet looking SXT. I love the color!

Plenty of peeps have added aftermarket audio and this is the first that I have heard of this type of issue. Obviously a powah (sorry Boston accent) drain of some sort.

A couple of things that come to mind worth checking if you have not already...

- Was the OEM audio / subwoofer harness reused or was another line run? Maybe this was an addition?

- How much powah is the sub pulling?

- What happens if you pull the fuse / remove powah to the new sub? Does the powah return to normal?

- Have you googled the issue along with the sub model to see if others are experiencing similar degradation in a performance car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ve done some googling and nothing pops out as glaringly obvious.

Thanks Boston, I’ve always had a thing for Bostonians in boxa’ shorts, hope that came across right with accent lol. But no one seems to show the same problem, my best theoretical guess would be the sub and amp steal away enough power from the system that the electronic engine controls are not functioning 100% properly, ie. Fuel injectors giving 90%, etc. I saw this diagram on another site and was curious if this could be the mechanism behind some of the issues?

IMG_6023.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Great 1st car, congratulations! 👍

A Guy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey all. New here. I'm 56 and nice to see older owners. I was wondering if it's too late to get one.

As of yesterday, my SXT+ AWD is my first Challenger. Love, love, love the car. Always had the practical cars like Honda and just came out of a Subaru Outback for the Challenger.

Still stayed somewhat practical by getting the AWD and V6, which fits my lifestyle and geographical area much better.

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Congrats!

A Guy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey all. New here. I'm 56 and nice to see older owners. I was wondering if it's too late to get one.

As of yesterday, my SXT+ AWD is my first Challenger. Love, love, love the car. Always had the practical cars like Honda and just came out of a Subaru Outback for the Challenger.

Still stayed somewhat practical by getting the AWD and V6, which fits my lifestyle and geographical area much better.
Welcome, I love the AWD V6. I didn't get it in my Challenger but did have it in my 300.
Congrats. :)

121 - 139 of 139 Posts