1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This is for forum members preoccupied with their Challenger being 1 of 100. :freak2:

Fun Fact 1: There are more than twice as many 2010 Mustangs on the road than 2010 Challengers.

Fun Fact 2: There are more 2010 Camaros on the road than the total of 2008, 2009, 2010 Challengers.

Dodge Challenger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ford Mustang (fifth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chevrolet Camaro (fifth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:thumbsup:
Membership has it's privileges. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I thought they only made 6400 2008 cars. Wiki says 17,000

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I live only 20 miles from St. Louis, NOT the boonies mind you, and rarely see another challenger.
Probably see 20+ mustangs a day and 1-2 camaros per day

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
to date I don't think any color has been produced that low so 1 of 100 isn't valid as of today.
The cost alone to build such a limited run would be staggering take a look at the IE392 for example 1100 for the US & 392 for Canada which was similar for the 2008 6400 for the US & 500 for Canada for 2009 the lowest production color was dark titanium :)

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Personally I like owning a unique muscle car. I probably see 50 Mustangs and about 10-15 of the new Camaro's to every Challenger here in Albuquerque.

Most people still dont know what a Challenger is. I had a guy in a Charger a couple of days ago ask me if it was the "new" Charger.....lol. I've had several people just ask what it is???

·
Registered
301 Posts
I see quite a few Challengers...but that happens when you work for Chrysler in Michigan!

i actually had a secretary who also works there scoff at me when I said I was getting a Challenger. She said I was going to just be like everyone else. They were too common and I should have got a Camaro or Mustang instead to be different. It was amusing.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see quite a few Challengers...but that happens when you work for Chrysler in Michigan!

i actually had a secretary who also works there scoff at me when I said I was getting a Challenger. She said I was going to just be like everyone else. They were too common and I should have got a Camaro or Mustang instead to be different. It was amusing.
Did you fire her?! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
It's like the 70s all over again. The Challenger and the 'Cuda were the last pony cars to enter the muscle car race. As a result, there were a lot less of them on the road. I really enjoy having a muscle car that is unique and still turns heads.

I think that Dodge's pricing and absence of advertising, until recently, have really hurt sales.

·
Banned
197 Posts

I live in SE Michigan and I see many more Mustangs and Camaros than Challengers. Maybe she has a skewed view as to numbers because she sees more in a Chrysler lot? Otherwise, she's just plain wrong.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't even have the car yet and I'm already wishing people would figure out what it is. If I had $10 for every time somebody said it's a Charger I'm getting I could have paid for the car in cash! :)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I thought they only made 6400 2008 cars. Wiki says 17,000
Yes, you are correct [basically], 6400 to U.S. + 500 to Canada + 151 to Mexico = 7,051 !! If 17,423 figure is correct; then there must have been 10,372 09 Challengers made and [sold to dealers].... But,just keep in mind, in case you and others aren't aware__ Everything that's on Wikipedia [ and Challengertalk] is not always true /Factual !! Anyone can add to the page [and possibly has to provide a reference..which this does. That particular reference from a "Cheersandgears.com forum" post also puts down a list of Facts & Figures" purportedly from authentic Chrysler LLC . Now either, that was "manipulated by the poster or it was incorrectly written by a Chrysler PR person !!! See, Wikipedia { not to be confused with real [ or unknown by most until it's released] factuals of the Wikileaks.org} is on the honor system !! Even though Wikipedia is by and large a halfway decent site to get some quick info; one most always be aware that it is not 100% accurate...whether by intentional or unintentional mistakes and/or manipulation. Also, even though the Wikipedia organization gets/receives huge amounts of money/donations {including a donation from dumb-dumb Ragamuffin:icon_redface:&:mad: , [since I did not know prior to the connection George Soros :SM130:has with Wikipedia : Wiki-Rath | The Dr. Rath Health Foundation ]}...the so-called volunteers [including the Founder , Jimmy Wales] just cannot or does not have or take the time to verify each and every statement or addition that are made to Wikipedia !!! Hope this illuminates for this thread and for all of us [in the future] !!!:thumbsup:

I'd bet that number includes 2009 cars that started to hit the showrooms in September, 2008
See above for factual clarification !!!:icon_cheers::sunny:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes, you are correct [basically] !! That 17,000 figure is incorrect.... See, in case you and others aren't aware__ Everything that's on Wikipedia is not always true /Factual !! Anyone can add to the page [and possibly has to provide a reference..which this does. That particular reference from a "Cheersandgears.com forum" post also puts down a list of Facts & Figures" purportedly from authentic Chrysler LLC . Now either, that was "manipulated by the poster or it was incorrectly written by a Chrysler PR person !!! See, Wikipedia { not to be confused with real [ or unknown by most until it's released] factuals of the Wikileaks.org} is on the honor system !! Even though Wikipedia is by and large a halfway decent site to get some quick info; one most always be aware that it is not 100% accurate...whether by intentional or unintentional mistakes and/or manipulation. Also, even though the Wikipedia organization gets/receives huge amounts of money/donations {including a donation from dumb-dumb Ragamuffin:icon_redface:&:mad: , [since I did not know prior to the connection George Soros :SM130:has with Wikipedia : Wiki-Rath | The Dr. Rath Health Foundation ]}...the so-called volunteers [including the Founder , Jimmy Wales] just cannot or does not have or take the time to verify each and every statement or addition that are made to Wikipedia !!! Hope this illuminates for this thread and for all of us [in the future] !!!:thumbsup:
Being that this sales information on Wikipedia has a reference posted as to where it came from, I would be interested in seeing something to confirm that it's been "manipulated by the poster or it was incorrectly written by a Chrysler PR person". :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
It all depends... are they referring to model year 2008 or calendar year 2008? They probably mean calendar year 2008... that would explain the 17k number.

Here in Central Oh I see quite a few Challengers and this isn't really a 'car' town at all....

I know of 5 '09/'10 Challengers within a 5 mile radius from my house. Excluding winter I probably see 3 to 5 Challengers a week on the road.

It appears to me here in Ohio that a lot of Challengers are garage kept in bad weather unlike Mustangs and Camaros that I see all of the time no matter what the weather.... My car is a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
How Rare? So rare, that the only other one I've seen in a month of ownership is an SE that sits on an Enterprise lot; Not so rare that you'll ever make money on it if that's what anyone is thinking.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How Rare? So rare, that the only other one I've seen in a month of ownership is an SE that sits on an Enterprise lot; Not so rare that you'll ever make money on it if that's what anyone is thinking.
Who knows what'll happen 40 years down the line when government regulations have made every vehicle an econobox & gas V6/8 engines are a thing of the past. :11:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts