Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks!

I contacted Chrysler Group to find out about how many cars are built/produced exactly like my car and the reply was shocking.
My car is 1 of 2 built in 2013!:grin2: So I guess that is considered rare I guess.

2013 SRT 392, Granite Crystal, Radar Red interior, Manual Trans., Harmon Kardon 18 Speakers, Black Stripes.

I wonder if the second car is on here as well lol.

Post your story if have similar situation!

Cheers!
GOTSRT

·
Registered
2015 SRT
1,261 Posts
Well, since my ass sat in mine...it's one of one. Especially after taco night.

It would be cool to know how many are out there just like mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
special ordered 2014 100th Anniversary SXT will all options in Ivory Pearl with molten red interior, 1 of 1

Fun facts:
2014 total global V6 Challengers built = 31.021
2014 100th Anniversary V6 Challengers built = 1,923
only 592 (Anniversary V6) had molten red interior.
and only 107 (Anniversary V6) were Ivory Pearl.
Interesting that beside the Foundry Black interior as the most popular option, at 1,331 (Anniversary V6) cars, HID headlamps came in second at 1,204 produced out of 1,923 with this option.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center.

According to our records, there were 9 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
units built in Plum Crazy Pearl Coat paint with a 6-Speed Manual TREMEC
Transmission, Dual White R/T Side Stripes, Mopar Interior Appearance
Group, Super Track Pak and Harman Kardon Audio Group for the 2013 model
year.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Tony

Customer Service Representative
Dodge Customer Assistance Center

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
special ordered 2014 100th Anniversary SXT will all options in Ivory Pearl with molten red interior, 1 of 1

Fun facts:
2014 total global V6 Challengers built = 31.021
2014 100th Anniversary V6 Challengers built = 1,923
only 592 (Anniversary V6) had molten red interior.
and only 107 (Anniversary V6) were Ivory Pearl.
Interesting that beside the Foundry Black interior as the most popular option, at 1,331 (Anniversary V6) cars, HID headlamps came in second at 1,204 produced out of 1,923 with this option.
Nice car but what options makes it 1 of 1? Surely they built more than one Ivory Anniversary SXT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Not Rare, all options except Rear Park Sensor and Engine Block Heater.

We appreciate your patience while your production figure request was researched.

According to our records, there were 5 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Core units built in Plum Crazy Pearl Coat paint, Interior Appearance Group, 6-Speed Manual TREMEC Transmission and Power Sunroof.for the 2013 model year.

Sincerely,

Tony

Dodge Customer Assistance Center"

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I think that the only Challengers with a chance to really appreciate in 30 years will be pristine versions of the SRTs and Hellcats, since they have the biggest engines and were produced in lower volumes than the R/Ts and SXTs.

If you look at the premier auto auctions, 1970-1971 Challengers and 'Cudas with the 426 and 440 6-pack engines command much higher prices than the 340s and 383s.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Apparently mine is extremely rare.
I plugged in the VIN and came back with does not exist.....LOL!!!

No records found corresponding to the VIN provided

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
So heres the thing.....Back in 70, how many Hemi Cuda's were built? 100? maybe 150 max including rag tops?
How many Superbirds were built?
427 Vettes?
428SCJ Mustangs?
In more modern times, how many GT-40's for example?

All those desirable cars are RARE because they made so few of them, tons of them were crushed thanks to the oil\insurance farce of the 70's, rustproofing was pathetic so not many survived....

We don't even have engine options nowadays, in the same model year, for the same car...It's 5.7, 6.4, 6.2, and 6.1 for the older models like mine. Its not like you can option in a 440 six pack or something.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for any great "collector value" anytime soon :)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
2009 SE V6 with the FIVE speed. only eight produced if memory serves

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
Lots of 427 Vettes built, in 1969 alone over 15,000 of them or 40% of total built.

And didn't see where the topic was valuable, thought we were just talking about rare.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,820 Posts
So heres the thing.....Back in 70, how many Hemi Cuda's were built? 100? maybe 150 max including rag tops?
How many Superbirds were built?
427 Vettes?
428SCJ Mustangs?
In more modern times, how many GT-40's for example?

All those desirable cars are RARE because they made so few of them, tons of them were crushed thanks to the oil\insurance farce of the 70's, rustproofing was pathetic so not many survived....

We don't even have engine options nowadays, in the same model year, for the same car...It's 5.7, 6.4, 6.2, and 6.1 for the older models like mine. Its not like you can option in a 440 six pack or something.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for any great "collector value" anytime soon :)
1970 was a good year for Hemi Cuda's, I think they made around 650, but I get your point. Those cars were considered expendable and very few people did anything to preserve them, instead most were beat on hard and put away wet. So like you said very few survived. That said it's cool to find out you have a low production new car whether because of options or color, I doubt it will mean much from a financial point of view but still fun to find out. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts

According to our records, there were 304 Dodge Challenger R/T units
built in TorRed paint for the 2013 model year. Of those vehicles, 96
units were also equipped with a 6-Speed Manual TREMEC Transmission.

Sincerely,

Tony

Dodge Customer Assistance Center

I also found out there were just 26 built with the manual transmission.

I think it is neat... don't expect it to mean anything as far as value at all. All in all there will be over 300,000 Challengers built when production ends... so if someone wants one they can simply pick a color or an engine HP wise and have a ton to pick from. Honestly I don't think ANY of these will have any great value because so many will be kept perfect and very few are daily drivers to be wrecked to take the total left down so low that these cars are rare.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I doubt my car is THAT rare. 2015 Challenger RT Pluses certainly aren't rare, but as of this date, I don't think 2015 Jazz Blue Challenger RT Pluses with all red Nappa leather interiors are too common.

I'll be dumbfounded if I ever see another one in the wild. I rarely see a Jazz blue Challenger anyway. Seems like B5 is a lot more common.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts