Dodge Challenger Forum banner

461 - 480 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Try sticking a piece of copper pipe over your home made resistor and cap the end with a copper plug. Copper blocks R/F signals very well, in fact copper wave guides are used at all wall penetrations in an MRI room.
I have the entire resistor shrinkwraped with copper foil (soldered the seams) covering it and grounded...still picks up the signal when I pass a tower. I like the idea of a 3G jammer. You can remove the modem in the radio but you lose GPS and the 911 warning will pop up. I keep telling myself to drop the whole effort but seems like every year I take another crack at it.

BTW looks like there are a lot of people looking at defeating the cellular signal. :)

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts
I have the entire resistor shrinkwraped with copper foil (soldered the seams) covering it and grounded...still picks up the signal when I pass a tower. I like the idea of a 3G jammer. You can remove the modem in the radio but you lose GPS and the 911 warning will pop up. I keep telling myself to drop the whole effort but seems like every year I take another crack at it.

BTW looks like there are a lot of people looking at defeating the cellular signal. :)
What about wrapping the entire backside of the radio in copper? I know the front is still open, but maybe the screen would block it (reaching for straws here)? Getting kind of over the top, but in truth I wouldn't mind disabling mine as well.

I wonder if the cars with the 5.0 talked to the Mothership as well. I assume they have GPS as well since they have a compass, but can't see then adding a short range cell antenna and modem to the radio just so they could keep tabs on us.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
793 Posts
So now that I am set-up with the whole can bus sniffing I need to get my bro (he writes code for bank network systems) to help me crack the hex codes. This uconnect signal is pissing me off as everytime I pass a cell tower the 3G icon lights up and PP goes bye-bye. :mad:
I try not to sniff when I ride the bus.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
You know it is possible to build a circuit that you inject a large signal into the antenna input that it drowns out uconnect. And into another rabbit hole I go.
Well good once you get it figured out I'll have to come and do a road trip so you can set mine up

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts
Well good once you get it figured out I'll have to come and do a road trip so you can set mine up

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I'm hoping he sells them online so I can just order one. While a road trip would be fun, it would be cost prohibitive. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
You know it is possible to build a circuit that you inject a large signal into the antenna input that it drowns out uconnect. And into another rabbit hole I go.
Oh my! I certainly didn't mean to cause you distress!

A Guy

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
so if you wired that to come on when the car starts and left it in your glove box would you get performance pages?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
198 Posts
For the global windows up has any changes the frameless window present from yes to no and then enable auto up?

Wonder if there is something in the "window type" that keeps it from working?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
I am pretty sure if you set it to no the windows won't bump down/up whenever you open/close the door. Have not tried though. In fact, global up enabled does not enable the charger guys to cycle them up with the fob IIRC.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
198 Posts
Gotcha, do you know have the charger folks been able to do one touch up or did they already have that?

That's what I would really like to have more so then up from the key fob

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I am pretty sure if you set it to no the windows won't bump down/up whenever you open/close the door. Have not tried though. In fact, global up enabled does not enable the charger guys to cycle them up with the fob IIRC.

Exactly why I did not try it last night when I tried memory seat and it did nothing and then it would not let me change it back.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
Gotcha, do you know have the charger folks been able to do one touch up or did they already have that?

That's what I would really like to have more so then up from the key fob

I know on 2010 SRT charger express up was available. Problem on the challengers is the frameless window, although BMW figured out how to do it a long time ago. There were rumors that +2018 (or was it 2019?) were supposed to have it but none of the challengers do.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I know on 2010 SRT charger express up was available. Problem on the challengers is the frameless window, although BMW figured out how to do it a long time ago. There were rumors that +2018 (or was it 2019?) were supposed to have it but none of the challengers do.
my 2017 Jeep Cherokee has it, again it is a sedan not a coupe or a hard top.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts
Exactly why I did not try it last night when I tried memory seat and it did nothing and then it would not let me change it back.
Wouldn't let you change it back? Did you figure it out?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts
Sticks in my head that the window switch has to be changed to one with the auto up option. And that doing so made it work.

BUT!!!! take that with a grain of salt, because I don't have any documentation to back that up, and because it was a long time ago that I remember reading that, could be it was for a Charger, and maybe even pre-2015 or something.

461 - 480 of 504 Posts