Dodge Challenger Forum banner

481 - 500 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
793 Posts
GPS clock sync works again. Don't know why it didn't or does now.
PFM.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
793 Posts
A Uconnect update was to fix the GPS issue, obviously your unlocked PCM doesn't have that update

A Guy
I have NEVER updated the uconnect and just looked to see that it is still the original version.

Now out of the blue the GPS clock update is working.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
I will say I like the easy exit feature. Never knew until Frank mentioned that the option to turn it on and off appears in the engine shutdown section of the Uconnect. It is definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I will say I like the easy exit feature. Never knew until Frank mentioned that the option to turn it on and off appears in the engine shutdown section of the Uconnect. It is definitely a keeper.
You will need to remember to turn it off if someone is riding behind you.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
You will need to remember to turn it off if someone is riding behind you.
That is easy to remember as I usually need to move the seat up to let anyone in. I rarely have anyone in the back seat anyways because I hate messing with the seat controls to get them in the back.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
That is easy to remember as I usually need to move the seat up to let anyone in. I rarely have anyone in the back seat anyways because I hate messing with the seat controls to get them in the back.
something else I found if you move the seat with the key off, say to sweep out the floor or clean the back seat, it disables it too.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
I actually have to clean the seat track as I notice a little crunch whenever it moves. God I hope it is not the lens filter from the dash cam that I forgot to fish out when I dropped it between the seat and center console several weeks ago.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
793 Posts
Easy exit is nice. Wish we could program in the seat and mirror memory the chargers have. My wife has quite different seat and mirror positions when she drives. Combined with the easy exit, I can sometimes find myself quite close to the steering wheel upon ignition!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
Easy exit is nice. Wish we could program in the seat and mirror memory the chargers have. My wife has quite different seat and mirror positions when she drives. Combined with the easy exit, I can sometimes find myself quite close to the steering wheel upon ignition!
Wonder if a charger memory module is all that it would take to get it to work?

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I turned on Memory seat and got nothing. Might be a module from a Charger that could be added.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
793 Posts
Would also need buttons...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
FYI - One of the guys on the LX forum just sent me a read of his 2018 Charger SXT with factory equipped STP. The log verbage is quite different from the MY2016 chargers making it difficult to compare. Anyways thought I would post it up (minus the VIN). I am hoping I find something I missed so my buddy's launch control will finally work on his 2016 Charger SXT. I still find it funny that the log shows a transfer case just like my buddy's SXT which is also RWD.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Didn't someone post on here that in ZAuto's next Tazer update there would be a way to block the signal via software? And when is this update coming? Is the lock down over in N.Y.?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts
FYI - One of the guys on the LX forum just sent me a read of his 2018 Charger SXT with factory equipped STP. The log verbage is quite different from the MY2016 chargers making it difficult to compare. Anyways thought I would post it up (minus the VIN). I am hoping I find something I missed so my buddy's launch control will finally work on his 2016 Charger SXT. I still find it funny that the log shows a transfer case just like my buddy's SXT which is also RWD.
View attachment 999254
My guess is there is something missing in the PCM code, or the ABS module is different. But just guesses because I can't think of much else in the BCM that could be changed to affect this.

Or the chassis type for a 2018 is different than for a 2016?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
My guess is there is something missing in the PCM code, or the ABS module is different. But just guesses because I can't think of much else in the BCM that could be changed to affect this.

Or the chassis type for a 2018 is different than for a 2016?
Yeah, the PCM does have switch for launch control enable/disable but on tunes I see it is enabled by default...although did not look at a charger SXT.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts
Yeah, the PCM does have switch for launch control enable/disable but on tunes I see it is enabled by default...although did not look at a charger SXT.
Can you read the tune on the PCM using HPTuners if the PCM is still locked?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts
Nope, but still shows transfer case. The image of the window sticker shows it is RWD.
Not saying it is better, but I have been copying and pasting a header into my reads with both the options the car came with and the changes I have made. That way it is all in one place.

Here is my current "header":

/*** Header
2015 R/T 6M 5.0 UConnect
R/T 5.7L HEMI® V8 22B $4,800
20-Inch Satin Carbon Aluminum Wheels
245/45R20 BSW All Season Performance Tires
Dual Rear Exhaust with Bright Tips
Body-Color Rear Spoiler
Projector Fog Lamps
Performance Brakes
Super Track Pak $695
ParkView™ Rear Back-Up Camera
Rear Body-Color Spoiler
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
High Performance Brakes
245/45ZR20 3-Season Performance Tires
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
6-Speed Manual TREMEC Transmission
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Bright Pedals
Mods - AlphaOBD changes, see below
***/
__
Car configuration change: Performance Pages Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Drive mode feature configuration: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Memory Drive Mode Sub-feature Configuartion: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: ESC drive mode sub-feature configuration: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Power unit CSM: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Torque unit CSM: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Global Windows Down: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Configuration For Performance & Gear Shift Indication: ' NOT PRESENT ' -> '2 '
___

481 - 500 of 504 Posts