Dodge Challenger Forum banner

521 - 540 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
Not sure if I posted this in this thread before but recently found the TSBs for 2013 SRT challengers (for both manual and auto trans) where FCA kinda describes the modules that need to be changed to enable launch control.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
917 Posts
Wonder what they do to the cluster?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
268 Posts
Does anyone know how to turn off the chime for when the door is open and the car is in either acc or on but not running?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
FYI looks like the PC version of alfa has the capability of transferring the license to another PC...check out their download section on details. Going to try this out as I want to switch it over from my win 10 notepad to my laptop.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
Not sure if I mentioned it in this post, but I think I may have said the windows Up with fob is a live feature and requires the tazer to be plugged in. However, I just read the new 2.4.9 firmware manual and it appears the windows go down and up with the fob even with the tazer removed. I could swear on my 2015 the windows only go down and not up if the tazer is removed. Although I don't have the tazer married to the car as I made all the changes with alfa. Might have to revisit this with my car to see what tazer changes to make it work?

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
620 Posts
I never looked at it before but was the instructions the same in earlier versions to hit lock 6 times, or is that new as well?

Wonder if setting global windows up would use the same sequence and the reason it didn’t work before was because the right sequence was never tried?

I would try it myself, but I no longer have a Challenger.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
I never looked at it before but was the instructions the same in earlier versions to hit lock 6 times, or is that new as well?

Wonder if setting global windows up would use the same sequence and the reason it didn’t work before was because the right sequence was never tried?

I would try it myself, but I no longer have a Challenger.
Just checked 2.4.3 manual but when I do a search for "window" I don't get any hits? Doesn't look like it was in that version.

but it is in 2.4.5...6 locks for up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These numbers make even less sense...we need an FCA decoder ring!

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
non-STP Challenger SXT = 44
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
STP Challenger RT M6 (works on A8) = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis
Challenger SRT 392 = 64 /(V6 250 JTD RWD)
non-STP 300S = 25
I just test it on 2017 Charger Daytona 5.7L with STP and got chassis type 34

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
I just test it on 2017 Charger Daytona 5.7L with STP and got chassis type 34
Sweet more data points

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
STP Charger RT 5.7 Daytona = 34
STP Challenger SXT = ??
STP Challenger GT = 68
non-STP 300S = 25

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,181 Posts
Keep in mind he's in Saudi Arabia, and the country code is even noted in the read

Country Code: Gulf Coast Countries

Don't know if that would affect anything

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
Keep in mind he's in Saudi Arabia, and the country code is even noted in the read

Country Code: Gulf Coast Countries

Don't know if that would affect anything

A Guy
Who knows, maybe the middle east uses a different launch control?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,181 Posts
Or no DRL option?

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet more data points

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
STP Charger RT 5.7 Daytona = 34
STP Challenger SXT = ??
STP Challenger GT = 68
non-STP 300S = 25
Glad to help, I don't know if the region could change the chassis number.

It's just a customer's car in my workshop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been following your post in a few forums and wanted to update you. I have a 2015 RT Charger Non STP and interestingly enough my chassis type was 25. I've had the Tazer for years but recently returned it to stock for some recall work. I found out about Alpha a few weeks ago and finally gave it a shot to get my car how it was before the recalls (PP, SRT Drive modes etc). Looking at the data points you've gathered I changed my chassis type to 34 like the SXT and Daytona 5.7 and sure enough Launch Control now displays the information in the evic. After watching a few videos I can't get it to engage. I end up doing a burnout when pressing the accelerator pedal quickly.. So close but maybe its 1 thing left to find. I have before and after reads of my bcm if your are interested. Great work gathering all of this info.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,181 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Mike ;)

A Guy

Reactions: RidinWitMike

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
917 Posts
I've been following your post in a few forums and wanted to update you. I have a 2015 RT Charger Non STP and interestingly enough my chassis type was 25. I've had the Tazer for years but recently returned it to stock for some recall work. I found out about Alpha a few weeks ago and finally gave it a shot to get my car how it was before the recalls (PP, SRT Drive modes etc). Looking at the data points you've gathered I changed my chassis type to 34 like the SXT and Daytona 5.7 and sure enough Launch Control now displays the information in the evic. After watching a few videos I can't get it to engage. I end up doing a burnout when pressing the accelerator pedal quickly.. So close but maybe its 1 thing left to find. I have before and after reads of my bcm if your are interested. Great work gathering all of this info.
What RPM do you have it set for? Anything above maybe 2500rpm will just spin and not hold.

521 - 540 of 581 Posts