Dodge Challenger Forum banner

541 - 560 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep I have a charger and from the info it looks like both the 3.6 and 5.7 chargers with STP have chassis type 34. Also tried with SRT mode on and off but no difference. RPM is set to 1500. I did think about it possibly overpowering the LC because I do have a 3.90 rear. Not sure if any other A8 people had any luck enabling it.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
I've been following your post in a few forums and wanted to update you. I have a 2015 RT Charger Non STP and interestingly enough my chassis type was 25. I've had the Tazer for years but recently returned it to stock for some recall work. I found out about Alpha a few weeks ago and finally gave it a shot to get my car how it was before the recalls (PP, SRT Drive modes etc). Looking at the data points you've gathered I changed my chassis type to 34 like the SXT and Daytona 5.7 and sure enough Launch Control now displays the information in the evic. After watching a few videos I can't get it to engage. I end up doing a burnout when pressing the accelerator pedal quickly.. So close but maybe its 1 thing left to find. I have before and after reads of my bcm if your are interested. Great work gathering all of this info.
So you are able to get the launch control instructions on the EVIC (I am talking instrument cluster display and not at the radio) but it does not engage? If so, if you depress the accelerator pedal the engine will rev but car will not move until you take your foot off the brake (manual trans is the clutch). Post up your BCM files (should attach in post if you save as txt).

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
Yep I have a charger and from the info it looks like both the 3.6 and 5.7 chargers with STP have chassis type 34. Also tried with SRT mode on and off but no difference. RPM is set to 1500. I did think about it possibly overpowering the LC because I do have a 3.90 rear. Not sure if any other A8 people had any luck enabling it.
I have a buddy with a 2016 charger SXT and have tried type 34 and we can't get it to display instructions on the EVIC. BTW the PCM also has a launch enable switch which on challengers seems to be default but no clue if it is the same on chargers. Was going to check my buddy's PCM but never got around to it.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
I have a buddy with a 2016 charger SXT and have tried type 34 and we can't get it to display instructions on the EVIC. BTW the PCM also has a launch enable switch which on challengers seems to be default but no clue if it is the same on chargers. Was going to check my buddy's PCM but never got around to it.
Launch enable switch in the PCM?

OH, yeah, forgot about that switch.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
Yes it appears in the evic after the change to type 34. Hopefully the files attached are what you are looking for. They only thing I've done since yesterday was disable is Vehicle an SRT but same results.
Did you re-initialize the ABS module when you switched to 34? Although if you are getting the display I am pretty sure you did. On my buddy's 2016 SXT we don't get the EVIC to show up. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you re-initialize the ABS module when you switched to 34? Although if you are getting the display I am pretty sure you did. On my buddy's 2016 SXT we don't get the EVIC to show up. :(
Yes I actually did it twice. The 1st time I was in my driveway which is slightly angled. Realized later that its important to be flat because that's one of the criteria for LC. So did it again on a flat surface.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Are you slamming the gas pedal to the floor? If you push it any way but as fast as possible, the A8 cars won't enable.

When you get it, the rpms will swing a little above, and then settle at your LC RPM setting.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
628 Posts
I’ve seen others post about issues with getting LC to work on cars that came equipped with it. In most (all?) cases, it came down to how fast they were pushing the gas pedal down. You can’t “roll into it” quickly, you have to smash it.

Edit - like spoolboy said above. :D

Reactions: RidinWitMike

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Or not pushing brake hard enough, think that was my problem early on and the car would just powerbrake instead of going into launch mode.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I tried a couple different ways but I just end up doing a burnout. One video I watched mentioned those things and said brake to the floor and smash the gas pedal like a bug was on it...lol. I can try again today and try to film it. I tried to search for anything "Launch" or "LC" from all of the other modules but can't find anything.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Keep also make sure the tires are straight. Oh and on my M6 if I turn off traction control it won't work.
Yes, traction control full-off won't work, but "sport" traction control will for me.
I've always had better luck just leaving the TC on when using launch control.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
284 Posts
Bitches! I paid like 129 for mine. LMAO

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #560
It's $79 for prime members...$99 for non-prime. Sorry should have made that distinction.

541 - 560 of 593 Posts