Dodge Challenger Forum banner
681 - 700 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 · (Edited)
Just added another chassis type provided to me from a member on the LX forum.

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
non-STP Charger RT = 25 (2016)
STP Charger RT 5.7 Daytona = 34 (confirmed by LX member with 2017 300S)
2015 Charger HC = 59

non-STP Challenger SXT = 44
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
STP Challenger RT M6 (works on A8) = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis
Challenger SRT 392 = 64 /(V6 250 JTD RWD)

non-STP 300S = 25
2014 300 with launch control = 56 /(5ZR + SDU + BR6 +DSE)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·
Also just discovered that the Charger SXT do not have a switch in the PCM to enable/disable launch. On Challenger SXT and RT it is there and usually set as enabled by default. This might be the reason why I can't get launch control to work on my buddy's 2016 Charger SXT?

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,402 Posts
Also just discovered that the Charger SXT do not have a switch in the PCM to enable/disable launch. On Challenger SXT and RT it is there and usually set as enabled by default. This might be the reason why I can't get launch control to work on my buddy's 2016 Charger SXT?
Most likely it's there, just not mapped, like a lot of stuff from HP Tuners.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #686 ·
Interesting, a member on the LX forum looked at a 2018 300 3.6 stock tune and launch control was disabled in the PCM. 2015 Challenger SXT has it enabled...now I am wondering if the Charger SXT has it disabled by default like the 300. Argh, I am going to contact my buddy to see if we can look at his PCM.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #687 ·
Well so, I found a 2019 Charger SXT tune and yes the launch control equipped switch is defined...but appears to be disabled by default, so I am pretty much convinced this is why I can't get my buddy's launch control to work. I have credits to alter his tune but (1) he does not have an unlocked PCM and (2) he has an extended powertrain warranty he does not want to void. So I guess I can put a pin in this one.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this isn't the right forum and all for this but since LX forums seem to be dead i mine as well give it a shot.

I have a 2016 300 Limited, recently started to upgrade it (put 20" SRT Charger rims on, that's pretty much all for now) and i've been messing around with getting all the SRT features to work.

Followed what someone said earlier in this forum post about setting the chassis type to 34, mine was at 13 stock. Launch control didn't work, but i gained traction control controls from the radio. All of that works aside from the "Track" mode for Traction.

What i'm reading from earlier in these forum posts is that i need to get a tune on the engine in order for LC to work? That sucks, but would it be possible to enable track mode for traction control through Alfa?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #692 ·
I know this isn't the right forum and all for this but since LX forums seem to be dead i mine as well give it a shot.

I have a 2016 300 Limited, recently started to upgrade it (put 20" SRT Charger rims on, that's pretty much all for now) and i've been messing around with getting all the SRT features to work.

Followed what someone said earlier in this forum post about setting the chassis type to 34, mine was at 13 stock. Launch control didn't work, but i gained traction control controls from the radio. All of that works aside from the "Track" mode for Traction.

What i'm reading from earlier in these forum posts is that i need to get a tune on the engine in order for LC to work? That sucks, but would it be possible to enable track mode for traction control through Alfa?
You might want to ask this guy for a copy of his log as he got launch control to work on his 2017 300S.

·
Registered
2016 Charger R/T
3 Posts
Thanks for reply. I just returned from the car. I'm using alpha OBD.

So according to ChallyTatum first post i did following:

Performance Pages Present: Present (was originally not present) -- not really critical but hey why not
Drive mode feature configuration: Set (was originally not set) -- this made sport mode work again and TC would turn off automatically.
Memory drive mode sub-feature configuration: Set (was originally not set)
ESC drive mode sub-feature configuration: Set (was originally not set)
Chassis Type: Type 34 was originally 25
Super trac pack present: Set (was originally not set)

I then connected to the ABS module and ran the initialization per alfaOBD instructions.

After it, I launch launch mode and I received proper information on the cluster with instruction. Then I tested it and it seems it is not working as whatever I will do it always goes over the RPM i set. ALso wheels spins. I tried like 20 times but no luck. However i can see that it works for a while as information on the cluster appears to release a brake when i'm ready.

Second problem is that sport mode hardware button on central console does not work at all. But to be clear. One week ago I replaced 8.4 uconnect to different unit as i was not able to turn on Performance Pages on old unit. New unit came with PP turned on and drives mdoes as well. But SPORT button stopped working immidiatelly. So now i'm thinking that problem with sport button may not be related to STP at all.

Any ideas? i set RPM to 1500 for launch control. No matter how hard i will push brake and gas pedal it does not work.

Reviving this thread in hopes that someone with a Charger R/T with STP sees this in the future... Same issue over here as GreenRabbit; instructions show on cluster as if it wants to work, but always blows past the set RPM, cancels out and tires continue to get smokey 🤦‍♂️ (2016 Charger R/T)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 · (Edited)
Sounds like a chassis type issue. Might have to play with different numbers to get it to work right.

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
2015 Charger HC = 59

STP Challenger SXT = ??
STP Challenger GT = 68

non-STP 300S = 25

BTW my buddy's 2016 charger SXT does the same thing and after finally reading his PCM I noticed launch equipped was not enabled in his PCM. Since he does not want to unlock his PCM there is no way for me to change it to see if it will work.

·
Registered
2016 Charger R/T
3 Posts
Sounds like a chassis type issue. Might have to play with different numbers to get it to work right.

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
2015 Charger HC = 59

STP Challenger SXT = ??
STP Challenger GT = 68

non-STP 300S = 25

BTW my buddy's 2016 charger SXT does the same thing and after finally reading his PCM I noticed launch equipped was not enabled in his PCM. Since he does not want to unlock his PCM there is no way for me to change it to see if it will work.
Facts... going to a dealership later today with a 2016 R/T Road & Track Charger (has STP)... gonna try to be sneaky & get a chassis code read from it lmao. Will post results... if that doesn't work I have HP as well & will try to investigate into PCM reads tonight.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #696 ·
Facts... going to a dealership later today with a 2016 R/T Road & Track Charger (has STP)... gonna try to be sneaky & get a chassis code read from it lmao. Will post results... if that doesn't work I have HP as well & will try to investigate into PCM reads tonight.
There was a member here that has done something similar to get a read of a BCM. Most RTs have the launch switch enabled in the PCM but I think some SXTs do not? Anyways, always good to get more chassis type examples.

·
Registered
2016 Charger R/T
3 Posts
There was a member here that has done something similar to get a read of a BCM. Most RTs have the launch switch enabled in the PCM but I think some SXTs do not? Anyways, always good to get more chassis type examples.
So I decided to take a look at the tune before making the drive over... and funny enough it looks like my Launch Control toggle in HPTuners was disabled after all by default. Changed the flag (as well as upped the LC disable flag found in Spark to 10mph like Scats have instead of 0mph for good measure), flashed the tune & LC works like a charm now :) Probably was the issue going on with GreenRabbit as well if i had to guess.

I've been reading up that the Torque Management feature for LC that is found in HPT is used to build boost for Launch Control, and given that i'm running a Whipple 2.9L I think my next step in the LC endeavor is going to try to have my tuner play around with it to see if we can get it working next time I swing by his shop. Would be awesome to have boost on tap for launches!

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,684 Posts
I'm curious. How is launch control initiated when launching in a 2014 M6 R/T? Not that I'll ever use it, because I'm old school with a line lock and a shift light, but I don't know how it would be actived off the line.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 · (Edited)
I'm curious. How is launch control initiated when launching in a 2014 M6 R/T? Not that I'll ever use it, because I'm old school with a line lock and a shift light, but I don't know how it would be actived off the line.
As far as I know only works on +2015s as it was only available to SRT pre-2015, or at least 2013 thru 2014. IIRC there was a TSB for 2013 SRTs where launch control could be added but not any other trim level but would be interesting to see if the pre-2015 can also add LC if the PCM and BCM are set appropriately.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,402 Posts
Changed the flag (as well as upped the LC disable flag found in Spark to 10mph like Scats have instead of 0mph for good measure), flashed the tune & LC works like a charm now :)
If you're talking about table 44669 Launch Disable VSS, that has to do with catalyst heating, not launch control.

681 - 700 of 700 Posts