Dodge Challenger Forum banner

181 - 200 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Wonder if you can just get a door module with seat memory and enable it with alfaOBD? Never looked into it though.
I didn’t read how he did it, but sounded like it was all via AlphaOBD.

Truth is, I am taking steps to list my car so I am hesitant to make any changes right now. So when I read it, I just filed it away for future reference.

It should be noted though that an HC is going to have upgraded modules, so it is certainly possible that a base R/T like mine may not have the parts to just turn it on.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I don’t know where I got it in my head that they might be deactivating the performance pages via XM. Makes more sense that it would use the cellular networks.

So maybe pop the 3G cable off your UConnect and see if the pages stay on?
Could be something with XM as well. Problem is if you disconnect the antenna, everything goes...XM, GPS signal included. Although from what I see, whenever I get a 3g connect PP goes bye bye.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Could be something with XM as well. Problem is if you disconnect the antenna, everything goes...XM, GPS signal included. Although from what I see, whenever I get a 3g connect PP goes bye bye.
Last time I swapped the 8.4 in, I left the XM antenna unplugged and drove it around like that. NAV still worked fine. Didn’t see any issues with it.

I thought the XM antenna was also the GPS antenna, but not so sure anymore.

It should be noted that I didn’t add the shark fin antenna when I swapped the 8.4 in, but instead built my own 9-1-1 error defeater. So there is always the possibility that I accidentally dodged a bullet without knowing it since I don’t have a real 3G connection.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
As for the memory seat, I think it works on the chargers and not on challengers. The easy out works but is disabled by default.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
As for the memory seat, I think it works on the chargers and not on challengers. The easy out works but is disabled by default.
Ah, good point. Guess I need to start figuring out what is missing.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #186 (Edited)
Just looked at my stock BCM log and notice MSM is already set. I know the easy out works but want to see if I can set memory to the FOB (if it is even available) like this guy (he has a charger though).

Hmm, could this be it

There is also a memory for drive modes...wonder what that does?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
So now I need to find a Charger with memory on a lot and get a read from it??? :cool:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #188 (Edited)
So just discovered that with the Tazer plugged in (not married) the windows go UP with the key fob. I wonder if I turn global up with alfaOBD (only turned global down as I read elsewhere that up does nothing) if the windows will go up without the Tazer.

Yeah, just tried it...global up does nothing. +1 point for Tazer.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought subscribing to UConnect with a car that didn’t come with the STP option would pretty much guarantee that you will never get the Performance Pages. That is what ChallyTatum is struggling with. He had a subscription and can only see the pages for moments or hours, while my car never had a subscription and works like it is a factory option.

Or am I misreading what you said?
It had a trial when I bought it, I meant if I find the correct Chassis code and all and it does not show up (the PP), then if I subscribe with the correct setting for it in the BCM would it show up?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
It had a trial when I bought it, I meant if I find the correct Chassis code and all and it does not show up (the PP), then if I subscribe with the correct setting for it in the BCM would it show up?
My bet is no.

They won’t change what they show your car having from the factory, so their coding will always be configured to turn PP off. I am basing this on the guys that add an 8.4 (like me) and then contact UConnect to try and get them to change what their VIN shows so they can get UConnect access. The answer has always been that UConnect cannot change what a VIN shows.

So the issue is, if UConnect has your VIN, you are stuck with the what UConnect thinks your car has for options. That is why ChallyTatum is trying to get his VIN purged. And the reason it works for me is because they never had my VIN because my car didn’t even have XM from the factory.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
..... I meant if I find the correct Chassis code and all and it does not show up (the PP)...
BTW, you don’t need the chassis code to get the performance pages, it is needed it to get launch control working.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
According to uconnect if you have a subscription to Access then you should get performance pages. In fact, every time I select PP from performance control it says it won't open as I do not have an active subscription.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot you had just posted that. Sure looks like you could get it by paying for the account now.

I keep defaulting back to “if you have/had an account, you can never get Performance Pages if the car doesn’t have the option”.

Is this an new UConnect thing? Or have they always offered it? And are you sure it isn’t only for cars that should already have it?

I remember people having problems because the car they bought came with PP and after the 6 month trial they went away. Is this a fix for that? Or the root of their problem?

The issues people had with UConnect when upgrading to an 8.4 make me doubt that they will give you the Performance Pages just by getting an account. Maybe something has changed though.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Actually good point, not sure if you can get Access if you upgrade your radio? I know if you go from an earlier radio like VP4 to a newer UAQ you will not be able to get XM...at least that is what Infotainment states.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
So now I am confused, apparently there is a setting in the comfort section that you can select remote window. I found that plugging in the tazer and not marrying it gives this capability, so I wonder if this sets it in the BCM so you can remove the tazer and still have the window up/down working from the keyFOB?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Interesting, apparently there is a difference between HP tuners and Zautomotive bypass cables. There is a guy on the HP forum that discovered the HP tuner bypass may have an issue.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Well shut the front door, there was a TSB for chargers that allowed launch control to be added on 2013 SRTs (charger, challenger & 300).
okay I read it, what does it do on a 2014 and up? And that is with a wiTech, I have been playing with Chassis types and reinitializing the ABS the only 2 I do not get errors on yet is 44 and 45 (44 is stock and 45 never triggers an ABS error). But I do not get the instructions in the EVIC

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
I want to enable the express up that the 2017s come with but it does not work.
I don't think any challengers came with the express up (auto up). I looked at the window/door modules and they are the same for all years. The 2018 SXT+ I read did not have express up either.

181 - 200 of 252 Posts