Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
okay I read it, what does it do on a 2014 and up? And that is with a wiTech, I have been playing with Chassis types and reinitializing the ABS the only 2 I do not get errors on yet is 44 and 45 (44 is stock and 45 never triggers an ABS error). But I do not get the instructions in the EVIC
I just thought it was strange there was a TSB for 2013s to add launch control. As for your car, you are going to have to wait for someone with a read of and A8 with STP. If you feel adventurous...you could try the chassis type of the scat posted earlier.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I just thought it was strange there was a TSB for 2013s to add launch control. As for your car, you are going to have to wait for someone with a read of and A8 with STP. If you feel adventurous...you could try the chassis type of the scat posted earlier.
I tried that and the 530 HP V8 one too and could not get the ABS codes to clear.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My GT has an A8 and STP. I did provide the BCM read earlier. Is there something else I can provide to help? I didn't seem to be able to read the ECM though (maybe that is the module that you need the bypass for?). I was able to read the ABS module though (unfortunately, I didn't save it - but can re-read it if it helps).

Wasn't sure if you needed a read from a V8 A8 with STP or if any A8 with STP helped (like my GT).

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
@Frank Julian, have you tried type 68 which is from jtrosky's GT with STP? I still think the RT A8 with STP has a different chassis type but worth a try.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
I don't think any challengers came with the express up (auto up). I looked at the window/door modules and they are the same for all years. The 2018 SXT+ I read did not have express up either.
Sticks in my head that I read once that express up is built into the window switch and you can add it to a Challenger by swapping the switch. But take it with a grain of salt because I don’t remember where I would have read that, nor what the switch would have to come from (Charger??).

This is also based on my interpretation that “express up” is the ability to roll the window up with one click instead of holding the button. Like how you can roll the window down. But not related to anything you do with the fob, all door window switch stuff. If I am misunderstanding, ignore this.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #206 (Edited)
Problem is the challenger window is frameless so the window switches from a charger most likely will not work as they won't move the window 1/2" up/down when you close/open the door.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
The 2018s they advertised one touch windows up, but no one actually reported the feature working since

A Guy

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Okay, I am calm and in front of my desktop in my "Play Room" and not in the freezing garage with my Laptop. I changed the Chassis to 77 and the ABS light came on, I did the ABS reset deal and then I tried Launch control and got the message in the EVIC. I went up the street and set it as low as it would go (1500 RPM) Hey it's 28 degrees out and on a non prepped road. Did what the screen said and it did not go over 1500 rpm until I let go of the brake. Tried it again at 2500, got some tire spin but the rpm did not go over 2500 until I let go of the brake! My Tazer is unmarried, Version 2.4.5 is less than worthless so I went back to 2.4.4., just to put the car in Sport mode on start up and to roll the windows up and for line lock.
Here is my BCM read, it includes all the changes I made (Chassis type, Sport Mode, STP, Global windows, Drive Mode, etc) so someone with an R/T A8 and AlfaOBD so anyone with a similar set up, who wants to make these changes can.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
There is a new update to the PC version of alfaOBD....it is now 2.1.6.0. My android version is 2.1.7.7 which I am not sure if it is updated as well?

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
There is a new update to the PC version of alfaOBD....it is now 2.1.6.0. My android version is 2.1.7.7 which I am not sure if it is updated as well?
does it update automatically?
Was it worth the coin to change the HVAC controls to add the STP button? Did you have to flash or program anything to get it to work? Was it this one? I am debating on it or the steering wheel cruise control with the accessory buttons that I think @stevewhite sells. Then I could program STP to one of those buttons and maybe add paddle shifters while the steering wheel is apart.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Was it worth the coin to change the HVAC controls to add the STP button? Did you have to flash or program anything to get it to work? Was it this one? I am debating on it or the steering wheel cruise control with the accessory buttons that I think @stevewhite sells. Then I could program STP to one of those buttons and maybe add paddle shifters while the steering wheel is apart. View attachment 989938
Alfa on the PC updated automatically...well it prompted me if I wanted to update. Was using it to control my air lift on the JGC as I was replacing the rear shocks.

As for the center stack I found one used ($150)...was it worth it...to me it was but it is not really necessary. No programming required, it is plug and play. The part number is 68184927AB.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Alfa on the PC updated automatically...well it prompted me if I wanted to update. Was using it to control my air lift on the JGC as I was replacing the rear shocks.

As for the center stack I found one used ($150)...was it worth it...to me it was but it is not really necessary. No programming required, it is plug and play. The part number is 68184927AB.

yep I compared it to what is on my car now. I have park assist but not front end collision detection.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Was it worth the coin to change the HVAC controls to add the STP button? Did you have to flash or program anything to get it to work? Was it this one? I am debating on it or the steering wheel cruise control with the accessory buttons that I think @stevewhite sells. Then I could program STP to one of those buttons and maybe add paddle shifters while the steering wheel is apart. View attachment 989938
I'm glad I did it on mine. Probably won't use it much, but the button brings up the Performance Control page which is where Launch Control is activated from and gives me the options to start Launch Control in 2 steps (STP button, activate Launch Control).

I didn't have to do anything but plug it in either.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts

It would be cool if we could figure out how to get the top right one to work. :)

I am guessing the launch button activates launch control in one step instead of 2.

Hmm...now that I think about it, I wonder if the "SRT" button is just the "Sport" button for the SRT cars and the "Launch" button puts you in the same place the "Super Track Pak" button does on the SP/RT w STP. I bet other than the extra button for adaptive cruise, maybe it would work just fine.

201 - 220 of 252 Posts