221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Someone should come up with something easy that we can plug in to set and go. I'm sure many of us would buy it. This is a great thread. It would probably eliminate the need for tazer though.
All ready pedal commander is on my list to add, i don't know if I should buy a used one or not though.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Just remember Tazer can still do things that alfa cannot:

-windows up with keyfob
-line lock
-light show
-cool down
-nav in motion
-complete ESP along with ABS disable
-button remapping

basically all the live features. But then again, Tazer cannot enable launch mode...yet I hope. Still alfaOBD is a wonderful diagnostic software that rivals high end scan tools for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts
Just remember Tazer can still do things that alfa cannot:

-windows up with keyfob
-line lock
-light show
-cool down
-nav in motion
-complete ESP along with ABS disable
-button remapping

basically all the live features. But then again, Tazer cannot enable launch mode...yet I hope. Still alfaOBD is a wonderful diagnostic software that rivals high end scan tools for a fraction of the price.
Where can I get an OBD to computer interface for it?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #231

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have been using OBDlink MX+ with my fusion 5 win10 tablet (remember there is an android version of the software as well) and the connection is via bluetooth.

OBDLink

If you want a usb to OBD then you can use this one.

AlfaOBD give recommendations.
I'm only interested in a cable, and I don't want to make it myself. That OBDKey thing is $150.00, and appears to come from Europe.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I'm only interested in a cable, and I don't want to make it myself. That OBDKey thing is $150.00, and appears to come from Europe.
The OBDlink SX is a USB to OBD interface but you may need additional adapter cables. This is why most go with a bluetooth interface like an MX or MX+...no additional cables needed.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
For what it's worth, when I tested Alfa OBD, I used an $8 generic OBD-II bluetooth device (ELM-327) and it worked perfectly (it's one I've had for years and used to use for Torque Pro).

EDIT: Here is a link to the one I have on Amazon - it's now $12.99 on Amazon (can probably get it cheaper on Ebay). I chose this one because:

1. It's tiny
2. It's black (didn't want something that was bright blue as it was easily visible on the car I bought it for)
3. It has an "On/Off" switch to turn bluetooth on/off - this way you can just leave it plugged in and turn bluetooth off when not in use (uses less power, etc).

Amazon.com: DingSheng Super Mini ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII Car Diagnostic Scan Tool with Switch,OBD2 Engine Code Reader Tester,Scanner Adapter for iOS and Android: Automotive

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
I am planning on buying an MX (MX+ is only needed for Ford/Chevy?) if only because there are modules I can't read with my borrowed device due to the required additional adapters. Modules I can't read right now include the door modules and the radio, but there are probably more.

Since I am borrowing one and need one of my own anyway, I figure why not get one that removes the need for additional adapters.

That said, I am planning on removing the Tazer mods on my car and doing them via AlphaOBD, but I have to buy the full version to do so. This means the limited funds I was going to use to buy the adapter are now going to purchase the app.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
I am planning on buying an MX (MX+ is only needed for Ford/Chevy?) if only because there are modules I can't read with my borrowed device due to the required additional adapters. Modules I can't read right now include the door modules and the radio, but there are probably more.

Since I am borrowing one and need one of my own anyway, I figure why not get one that removes the need for additional adapters.

That said, I am planning on removing the Tazer mods on my car and doing them via AlphaOBD, but I have to buy the full version to do so. This means the limited funds I was going to use to buy the adapter are now going to purchase the app.
The MX and MX+ are essentially the same although I think the MX comes as bluetooth or wifi (you want the bluetooth as it is more stable from what I hear) where as the MX+ can do either-or. I bought the MX+ on amazon when it was $79.95 shipped. You don't have to buy the software as it work at 15min intervals, which means you will probably want to make one change at a time. My buddy uses the free software version and got his sport mode working. I would still keep the tazer (don't marry it though) so you can still use the live functions like I listed previously.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
The MX and MX+ are essentially the same although I think the MX comes as bluetooth or wifi (you want the bluetooth as it is more stable from what I hear) where as the MX+ can do either-or. I bought the MX+ on amazon when it was $79.95 shipped.
I was wrong, I had planned to buy the LX, not the MX or MX+. The MX+ adds free OEM add-onst (no idea what that is) and both the MX and MX+ support Ford and GM CAN networks of at least one type. The LX and above are all BT capable, the only real difference is the support CAN networks.

Have to check again, but pretty sure the LX still avoids the necessary adapters that the cheaper devices require.

Current listing on Amazon shows the MX+ at $120 and the MX at $80, but the LX is only $50. The MX+ makes the most sense in case I want to use it for more than just a Mopar, but I used up my car fund swapping the 8.4 in and need to stick to what would work for now.

You don't have to buy the software as it work at 15min intervals, which means you will probably want to make one change at a time. My buddy uses the free software version and got his sport mode working.
I tried to do it and couldn't. I couldn't get past the "this is the free version and doesn't ...." screen. Will try again and take a screenshot this time if I still can't do it.

I would still keep the tazer (don't marry it though) so you can still use the live functions like I listed previously.
Wasn't planning on getting rid of the Tazer, just wanted to divorce it from the car. Figured if the Tazer was missing settings anyways, might as well make them all with AlphOBD. That and the car is currently listed and it means I wouldn't have to give the Tazer away if I sell the car.

221 - 240 of 252 Posts