Dodge Challenger Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Nope, I am wrong. The MX+ or MX is required to avoid the adapters. LX wouldn't be any better than the borrowed tool I am currently using.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
I tried to do it and couldn't. I couldn't get past the "this is the free version and doesn't ...." screen. Will try again and take a screenshot this time if I still can't do it.
My unlicensed PC version shows this but then again I never tried connecting it to the car, just use it to see available options. But as I learned more will show up if connected to the car.

On the android version it looks like active diagnostics is not available..so my buddy must have bought his software to add sport mode.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
My unlicensed PC version shows this but then again I never tried connecting it to the car, just use it to see available options. But as I learned more will show up if connected to the car.
View attachment 990220

On the android version it looks like active diagnostics is not available..so my buddy must have bought his software to add sport mode.
View attachment 990221
That's the phrase I couldn't remember - no active diagnostic procedures.

Didn't you use AlphOBD to set stuff? If your PC version is unlicensed, what did you use to do that?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Didn't you use AlphOBD to set stuff? If your PC version is unlicensed, what did you use to do that?
I used the PC version but I bought it. I installed the unlicensed version on my laptop which I only used to read the BCM and not configure it.

It was my buddy who said he used the android version but he must have bought it because you can't make changes without the active diagnostics tab.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
I used the PC version but I bought it. I installed the unlicensed version on my laptop which I only used to read the BCM and not configure it.
Ah, there is my source of confusion. Thanks!

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts
plus the fact, not being tethered, I can throw my laptop on my workbench instead of sitting in the car with it.
I'd rather sit in my Shaker. I like doing that... a lot!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,727 Posts
Hemi...Gila Hemi...

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Ah, there is my source of confusion. Thanks!
Here is what it says for the PC version. Tomorrow I will see if my demo version on the laptop (my windows tablet has the full version and so does my android phone) can make changes to the BCM.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
Went ahead of spent the money to buy the full version, unmarried the Tazer and made the changes via AlphaOBD. At first I wasn't getting sport mode, thought I was going to have to go back in and see what I missed, but it appeared to just need a couple of power cycles as it started working.

It appears that AlphaOBD has changed it's read file format since the free version I was using. Came inside to verify my settings before I drove the car and when I went to compare them with the RT+ 6M STP car, it was pretty different. Made it hard to do a straight compare, had to do it manually.

So, attaches is a read from my car after making the changes in case someone later down the road wanted a new read that could be compared.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Went ahead of spent the money to buy the full version, unmarried the Tazer and made the changes via AlphaOBD. At first I wasn't getting sport mode, thought I was going to have to go back in and see what I missed, but it appeared to just need a couple of power cycles as it started working.

It appears that AlphaOBD has changed it's read file format since the free version I was using. Came inside to verify my settings before I drove the car and when I went to compare them with the RT+ 6M STP car, it was pretty different. Made it hard to do a straight compare, had to do it manually.

So, attaches is a read from my car after making the changes in case someone later down the road wanted a new read that could be compared.
yep, that is how the new version looks, just did a re read yesterday.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts