Dodge Challenger Forum banner

261 - 280 of 347 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,009 Posts
April 8th 2020: Version 2.1.8.0
Fix for the ELM327 connection issue and "Car configuration change" crash.
NOTE: .NET framework 3.5 or later required for the PC version to run.​

I guess if you know what that means, you've run into the issue(s)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
PC 2.1.7.0 added MY2018-2020 Powernets but no mention of it on their download page. Also, it was not available for download but instead was done through the software via upgrade check. So it looks like 2.1.8.0 is more of a bug fix.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #265 (Edited)
FYI - read of my buddy's 2016 SXT charger that was not equipped with STP but he did add sport mode. Note the chassis type is 24. I asked the guys on the LX forum since there are charger guys on their if they can give a read of one equipped with STP.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #266 (Edited)
Man the guys on the LX forum seem like a bunch of nice guys. :rolleyes: Seriously, all I was asking for was a Chassis # for a Charger STX with STP.

Anyways - it looks like a charger SXT with STP is 23 and a charger SXT without STP is 24.

So I wonder since a challenger SXT without STP is 44 if a challenger SXT with STP is 43...or it could be 45?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts
Man the guys on the LX forum seem like a bunch of nice guys. :rolleyes: Seriously, all I was asking for was a Chassis # for a Charger STX with STP.

Anyways - it looks like a charger SXT with STP is 23 and a charger SXT without STP is 24.

So I wonder since a challenger SXT without STP is 44 if a challenger SXT with STP is 43...or it could be 45?
Dang. That guy is all over a bunch of forums and always seemed fine. Not sure how asking for info beyond what anyone can get is looking for silver platter hand holding. Not like the chassis type is in a list some where, unless maybe he knows something we don’t.

Heck, without reading my buddies SP, I would have guessed that the chassis type was 78 or something, not “530 HP Chassis” or whatever it ended up being.

Funny that for an Charger SXT, the chassis number goes backwards for STP, while for a Challenger R/T it went up.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #268 (Edited)
Dang. That guy is all over a bunch of forums and always seemed fine. Not sure how asking for info beyond what anyone can get is looking for silver platter hand holding. Not like the chassis type is in a list some where, unless maybe he knows something we don’t.

Heck, without reading my buddies SP, I would have guessed that the chassis type was 78 or something, not “530 HP Chassis” or whatever it ended up being.

Funny that for an Charger SXT, the chassis number goes backwards for STP, while for a Challenger R/T it went up.
That user "gapi" (more like gupi...see what it means in Polish) can't read...apparently the partial read he gave me was from his 2013 RT+ which probably does not have STP (I just saw his sig). I might see if l can go to carmax pull a read from one of their cars.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts
That user "gapi" (more like gupi...see what it means in Polish) can't read...apparently the partial read he gave me was from his 2013 RT+ which probably does not have STP (I just saw his sig). I might see if l can go to carmax pull a read from one of their cars.
He goes by georgiapi in the BR9 brake kit thread on a different forum. I think it means GA 3.14159265359.

I think you nailed it when you said "...the partial read..." because it appears he never read your multiple posts. Another case of someone assuming they already know what you are saying, so why spend the time reading it just to confirm what they already know? :rolleyes:

I wanted to get a read of an R/T 6M with STP to confirm what my settings needed to be and went to a local car dealer and got them to let me. Similar to gapi in your thread choosing to ignore what you were actually saying, I think they chose to ignore my statement that I wasn't interested in buying the car. But I didn't help matters when I allowed them to twist my arm into driving the car. Thankfully I had similar car already and could use that as leverage to get them to disengage. Either way, without individuals on the forums with the minimal tools required being willing to help, might be the only method of getting the settings.

So a Charger R/T w/o STP is Chassis Type 23? Someone needs to start a file on what the settings are. Sounds like there is little or no overlap on the chassis type between Chargers and Challengers.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #270 (Edited)
So a Charger R/T w/o STP is Chassis Type 23? Someone needs to start a file on what the settings are. Sounds like there is little or no overlap on the chassis type between Chargers and Challengers.
Not sure about the charger RT?

Here is the list so far. I reached out to a CT member that might help crack the chassis codes so hopefully we can finally get somewhere. Reading the FCA workbook on the CAN bus system confirms that this number is critical as it communicates to other modules what features should be active...kind of like a numeric sales code. If we can get the SXT number I know 3 other guys that will run to get launch added to their car. :)

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = ??
non-STP Charger RT = 23
non-STP Challenger SXT = 44
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
STP Challenger RT M6 = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis
non-STP 300S = 25

Although Slidd mentioned 2019 RTs come with STP so I wonder if chassis type is still 77?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts

Here is the list so far. I reached out to a CT member that might help crack the chassis codes so hopefully we can finally get somewhere. Reading the FCA workbook on the CAN bus system confirms that this number is critical as it communicates to other modules what features should be active...kind of like a numeric sales code. If we can get the SXT number I know 3 other guys that will run to get launch added to their car. :)

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = ??
Charger RT = 23 (not sure if it is STP or not?)
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT = 76
STP Challenger RT = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP = 530 HP Chassis

Although Slidd mentioned 2019 RTs come with STP so I wonder if chassis type is still 77?
Good point, he might have STP. No idea if STP was standard on a Charger R/T+, nor if they even had an 8.4 UConnect in 2013 (or if it even matters). I know there was a pretty marked transition at 2015 for Challengers, but pretty unfamiliar with the Chargers.

Nice list. Only concern is (as you mentioned with the 2019), could those codes change through the years? I know that codes 76, 77 and "530 HP Chassis" apply to 2015, but have they remained the same?

I have a friend with a 2020 SP coming, will have to see if he will let me get a read from his car (in 40-50 days). It has the Dynamics package, so not sure what kind of twists that will throw at things.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #272 (Edited)
So as far as I can tell you don't need a bypass to read the BCM on +2018 models. If you remember I posted a read of my co-workers 2018 challenger SXT and that thing was bone stock...no bypass used.

Oh and if you have a +2018 model and certain things don't seem to be working like ABS re-initialization it could be the bypass itself. Apparently the new version from Zauto works with no issues but older ones need a modification. Apparently this really is only for Fiat models but hey...you never really know.

Note: Starting from MY2018 (Fiat 500L from MY2017) FCA installs the Security Gateway Module (SGW) which blocks access to diagnostics for the third-party software. There is no software solution yet, as a workaround please use a hardware bypass module (as an example).
Owners of Alfa Romeo Giulia/Stelvio, Fiat 500X/Toro/Jeep Renegade/Compass (MP) : make sure that the bypass supports the second high-speed CAN bus, the one that is connected to the pins 12 and 13 of the car OBD port. The updated version of bypass currently delivered by Zautomotive supports all the CAN buses. If you have an older model here is how to modify Zautomotive device (thanks to Fulvio from Italy for the solution and the permission to publish it) :
Open the Zautomotive device and solder two wires: connect pins A1 and A2, and connect pins A8 and A9 (see the picture). Modification is the same for the first and the second model of the device.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,605 Posts
Good point, he might have STP. No idea if STP was standard on a Charger R/T+, nor if they even had an 8.4 UConnect in 2013 (or if it even matters). I know there was a pretty marked transition at 2015 for Challengers, but pretty unfamiliar with the Chargers.
FWIW, the 2015 Charger R/T with Road and Track package, (yes I know, just Dodge being Dodge...) had STP and a lower rear ratio, and other minor tweaks (no speed limiter maybe)
Basically on a Charger, the Road and Track package was a Daytona without any appearance changes other than the classic red R/T instead of the chrome one, so that might show up as a body type.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = ??
STP Challenger SXT = ??
STP Challenger RT = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68

Chassis Type 23 appears to be for a non-STP Charger. Based on this thread and posts 11 and 12.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = ??
STP Challenger SXT = ??
STP Challenger RT = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68

odd my 2015 Challenger R/T non STP car was type 44 IIRC from my BCM read

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
yep it was Type 44, just found my BCM post:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Well Technically my 2015 is an SXT Plus with the R/T Plus option. So 2015 has the most powerful SXT available.
Yeah that's probably it. Hard to make conclusions with just a few data points. I modified the list to indicate A8 and M6.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts
Yeah that's probably it. Hard to make conclusions with just a few data points. I modified the list to indicate A8 and M6.
Might update it to show type 23 is non-STP (link in earlier post).

Unless someone else has posted about an SP read, might be worth noting that the "530 HP Chassis" setting came from an A8 car. Might be the same for both, just no other data points right now (that I am aware of).

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = ??
non-STP Charger RT = 23
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
STP Challenger RT M6 = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis

Just looking at your revised list, I noticed that Chassis Type 44 applies to both an SXT and R/T, both w/o STP. I know that in 2015, the the R/T was just a package on top of the SXT so this makes sense. But it also makes me nervous that in later years it might have changed. Or it stayed the same and they just marketed the trim levels differently.

Just a thought.

261 - 280 of 347 Posts