Dodge Challenger Forum banner

281 - 300 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #281 (Edited)
Just looking at your revised list, I noticed that Chassis Type 44 applies to both an SXT and R/T, both w/o STP. I know that in 2015, the the R/T was just a package on top of the SXT so this makes sense. But it also makes me nervous that in later years it might have changed. Or it stayed the same and they just marketed the trim levels differently.

Just a thought.
No I hear you about possible differences in years but without people posting their logs we will never know.

But check this, a non-STP 300s is chassis type 25. I guess since we kind of have the range of numbers one could try running through them until the ABS module is happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
has anyone tried to activate his STP with this panel on a 2015, 2016 Challenger?

even though it was produced in 2016, this panel was installed on a 2017 Challenger. it's upper buttons layout and functionality is different if you compare it to 2015 or 2016.
I wonder if this will still work

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
I am guessing it won't work only because is lists it as working on 2017-2019 vehicles.

But then again, one could upgrade a 2015-2016 with a UAQ headunit so there I guess there is a chance it can work but maybe not with the older headunit?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts
If there is an issue it is because the radio changed for 2017. Worse case, if it doesn't work, maybe grab a later radio (and USB hub) and try it with that.

Hopefully, in the end it isn't something more and you don't end up with a bunch of big expense stuff that doesn't work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you ChallyTatum and DionR! Found this trying to get the performance pages to work (like everyone else) Found this and have my sport mode working again and launch control enabled.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,011 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Thank you ChallyTatum and DionR! Found this trying to get the performance pages to work (like everyone else) Found this and have my sport mode working again and launch control enabled.
What year and trim level challenger do you have? BTW I have tried just about everything to get PP to work but once it gets a 3G signal it goes bye bye.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year and trim level challenger do you have? BTW I have tried just about everything to get PP to work but once it gets a 3G signal it goes bye bye.
2016 RT+. I have too, been lurking here and everywhere for about a year lol. I'm in the same boat, I reset the radio after replacing the center stack and getting launch mode working and it worked for about 2 hours. Most I've ever had it up was two days. I bought the car used and know they used the trial, the biggest difference this time is I can select PP from the Performance Control and it gives me the renew the unknown subscription message, previously once PP went our the screen wouldn't even switch. At the beginning I went to the dealership to try and get it on. They said my VIN showed it would accept it and tried loading it a couple of different ways but to no avail. I had read somewhere that the you could get the 2016 RT+ Super Track Pack option and have the PP. I was hoping that maybe some 1's and 0's would line up after changing the center stack would make it work. I was wrong. I don't know if putting a new 8.4 screen in would do it, but I'm not really wanting to spend a bunch of money for a new one when the one I have is otherwise perfectly fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2016 RT+. I have too, been lurking here and everywhere for about a year lol. I'm in the same boat, I reset the radio after replacing the center stack and getting launch mode working and it worked for about 2 hours. Most I've ever had it up was two days. I bought the car used and know they used the trial, the biggest difference this time is I can select PP from the Performance Control and it gives me the renew the unknown subscription message, previously once PP went our the screen wouldn't even switch. At the beginning I went to the dealership to try and get it on. They said my VIN showed it would accept it and tried loading it a couple of different ways but to no avail. I had read somewhere that the you could get the 2016 RT+ Super Track Pack option and have the PP. I was hoping that maybe some 1's and 0's would line up after changing the center stack would make it work. I was wrong. I don't know if putting a new 8.4 screen in would do it, but I'm not really wanting to spend a bunch of money for a new one when the one I have is otherwise perfectly fine.
what is the part number and production date of your new center stack module?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you install the one you bought? Was curious if it still worked despite being for a +2017?
no, not yet. I will only have a chance to do it in 3-4 weeks.
I'll certainly make a post in this topic once I have a chance to play with it

if it works, it seems like a better button layout option to me ("screen off" and "power off" buttons seem more convenient to use)

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts
BTW I have tried just about everything to get PP to work but once it gets a 3G signal it goes bye bye.
Any reason not to try after pulling the 3G connection off the back of the radio? Might give it a try and if it works build/buy a defeater so you don’t get the intermittent error.

My car didn’t have the 8.4 originally so I don’t have to worry about someone having set up the account. But I didn’t bother with adding the shark fin antenna either so I just run with the defeater I made.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,011 Posts
Any reason not to try after pulling the 3G connection off the back of the radio?

A Guy

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts

A Guy
I don’t have 3G but my gps and Nav work fine.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #298 (Edited)
Wait, so you pulled the antenna feed and your GPS still works?
Shoot I hope I am wrong...going to try this over the weekend.

So this whole time I have been confusing disabling the antenna feed with disabling the modem. If you disable the modem internally in the radio GPS won't work but if I look at the radio pinouts there is a separate antenna for GPS. Sometimes I should just stay at the back of the bus. :)

DionR this will be the 2nd time you said something that may lead to great things for me. ;)

So doing a quick search, I found a post on the Ram forum where a person disconnect the antenna, terminated the feed with a resistor and the signal was still getting through. Still going to try it though.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Purple connector is the cellular antenna.

Apparently need a Fakra D connector to solder a 10k resistor otherwise a warning may pop up about the cellular signal.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #300 (Edited)
Pulled the antenna and reset to factory. We'll see how long the pages last.

Without connectivity you do get a red light in the mirror and a annoying pop up. I'll add the resistor later if this will work.

281 - 300 of 347 Posts