Dodge Challenger Forum banner

321 - 340 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
When is 3g being discontinued? Won't that end them being turned off in the radio?
Depends on the carrier. Sprint was supposed to discontinue in 2019, AT&T is saying 2022...ect. All I have to say is the antenna disconnect works, it's been days and PP still works. One thing I want to check is if the displayed HP/TQ tracks with what I see in HP tuners? Never had PP working this long to test that.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
So, no 3G loses? The 911/SOS/assist button, OTA updates, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Apps, Vehicle Health Reports if you got them. Anything Uconnect (Remote start, vehicle finder, Stolen vehicle assistance)? Does XM use it for communication, traffic, weather?

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
So all my traffic/weather trials ended in March. I cancelled my XM subscription years ago (all my music is on a SD card which I update regularly). Never used WI-FI hot spot. OTA never really worked (always had to download via USB and install). None of the apps worked (PP and apps trials did ended before I bought the car) as I did not have an active account. I don't have remote start because I have a manual. I thought stolen vehicle assistance needs a subscription...plus I have a manual...best anti-theft device ever. I do get the 911/SOS error but that will be fixed shortly. Radio and NAV seem to work just fine though and that is all I need. I assume when 3G finally does go bye-bye FCA will probably push firmware to kill the modem anyways.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I parked my car and left it in Brooklyn for a while yesterday and I guess it was in close proximity to a cell tower for too long. It killed my performance pages. Went home and reset the radio and it’s back.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
CT, I understand your personal situation, but was musing as to what the "fix" would lose if anyone used any/all of the above for those who might consider this

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
I parked my car and left it in Brooklyn for a while yesterday and I guess it was in close proximity to a cell tower for too long. It killed my performance pages. Went home and reset the radio and it’s back.
Yeah that is the problem Ram guys were experiencing.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
CT, I understand your personal situation, but was musing as to what the "fix" would lose if anyone used any/all of the above for those who might consider this

A Guy
I hear ya, the thing is if I was already paying for traffic/weather, XM radio,...why not subscribe to Access as well which should give you performance pages back. I really don't need any of that stuff as my phone handles all of that already. Truth be told, I hardly touch the radio or NAV. When I had traffic and weather it took forever to load info so I just used my phone anyways.

It is an easy mod, just pull the cluster bezel off, unscrew 4 screws and unplug a purple connector.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
There is a cell tower directly across the street from where I work.... I am just hoping they stop broadcasting 3g every where or a good hack is figured out with alfa

I had Nav activated on my radio I can't reset it.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
I had Nav activated on my radio I can't reset it.
Why is Nav an issue?

The 8.4A I bough used had Nav activated after the fact and I have done a couple of factory resets on the radio and haven't lost Nav. Is that your concern? Have other's lost the add on Nav if they reset their radio?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
Was told I'd lose it with a factory reset
I haven't but I'm not going to be the one that says you won't with a reset.

ChallyTatum said his works, but no idea if he has the 8.4AN or 8.4A. I know I have an 8.4A with Nav activated.

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
DionR was your nav from the factory? Frank had his activated after he bought it without nav

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
I haven't but I'm not going to be the one that says you won't with a reset.

ChallyTatum said his works, but no idea if he has the 8.4AN or 8.4A. I know I have an 8.4A with Nav activated.
Mine came with nav from the factory.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
DionR was your nav from the factory? Frank had his activated after he bought it without nav

A Guy
I bought an 8.4A, which means non-Nav. But before the rig I got it from was wrecked, someone did what Frank did and had the Nav activated. So, no, mine did not have Nav from the factory.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
I might add that I understand someone being hesitant to do a reset if they payed to have Nav activated and were told they would lose it. I intentionally bought an 8.4A because I didn’t care about having Nav, but got it anyway, so if a reset removed it I wouldn’t be all that upset. If I had paid for it, it would be a different story.

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
zAutomotive is now looking into a software bypass to kill the 3G service so we don’t need to rip the modem out. I’ll let you guys in on any updates.
question is will it send the "Error Message"? I was hoping Alfa OBD could tell the radio to quit looking for subscription information. I miss the IHeart, Pandora, and other apps that were on my phone and on the screen too when I first bought the car.

321 - 340 of 381 Posts