Dodge Challenger Forum banner

341 - 360 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
The car phone error? No he’s trying to by pass it. As soon as the shut down here is over I’ll bring my car over to him and we’ll test it.
Why can't he just email you the firmware and you could report back? Heck I'd, "Give it a go".

So anxious about getting this one!!!!! I am still on 2.4.4 because of the glitches in the later releases.

Heck my Tazer is basically a door stop since buying Alfa OBD. It puts the car in "Sport Mode" on start up and rolls the windows up and down with the key fob.
Once my cam is installed and MDS is eliminated it will basically be an expensive window crank and seldom used line lock.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
If there’s a feature you want let me know and I’ll pass it on lol
my main issue is sometimes when I use cool down after I shut it off, my guages and EVIC shut off, then about 2 minutes later turn back on for a couple minutes then back off and so on until the battery is dead. The only way to defeat it is to open the trunk (I have the bypass on my 2015) and unplug the Tazer, close the trunk, let the car "sleep", open the trunk and reinstall the Tazer, Or if I am in a hurry to get in the house, disconnect and reconnect the battery ground.

How about easier to install Accessory Buttons. I put mine in (like an idiot) and they do not work. I may just buy the set up Steve White sells after my cam install but am nervous about pulling the air bag and, if I do that, or better yet, pay the dealer to install them, I may as well add the paddle shifters too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my main issue is sometimes when I use cool down after I shut it off, my guages and EVIC shut off, then about 2 minutes later turn back on for a couple minutes then back off and so on until the battery is dead. The only way to defeat it is to open the trunk (I have the bypass on my 2015) and unplug the Tazer, close the trunk, let the car "sleep", open the trunk and reinstall the Tazer, Or if I am in a hurry to get in the house, disconnect and reconnect the battery ground.

How about easier to install Accessory Buttons. I put mine in (like an idiot) and they do not work. I may just buy the set up Steve White sells after my cam install but am nervous about pulling the air bag and, if I do that, or better yet, pay the dealer to install them, I may as well add the paddle shifters too.
I'd consider buying a steering wheel from junkyard. a bit easier and cheaper.

For instance I bought this heated sport steering wheel with shifters and adaptive cruise control buttons for $137 on ebay

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
I thought the Aux button's zAuto sold were OEM? And easy to install?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
I tried the 911 override cable from infotainment. Reset the radio, pp gone again in hours.
What else have you done to try and activate the PP?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What else have you done to try and activate the PP?
I used the tazer first to enable the pp. Reset the factory radio and got it to show for maybe a day at most.
Followed chally's guide on getting launch control to work using alfaodb, swapped the center stack. Factory reset the radio, got sport mode back (awesome) and had pp for a day or so. Following this thread disconnected the cable and hoped that connector would do the trick. I do have an so I left that connected still. Don't know if disconnecting that would keep the pp working.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
I used the tazer first to enable the pp. Reset the factory radio and got it to show for maybe a day at most.
Followed chally's guide on getting launch control to work using alfaodb, swapped the center stack. Factory reset the radio, got sport mode back (awesome) and had pp for a day or so. Following this thread disconnected the cable and hoped that connector would do the trick. I do have an so I left that connected still. Don't know if disconnecting that would keep the pp working.
Just to make sure I am understanding correctly, you have disconnected the purple FAKRA connector and plugged in a defeater to the same plug on the back of the 8.4?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
What about your phone? Is there any chance that it is somehow going through your phone to check UConnect or something?

Maybe try it with bluetooth off on your phone and see if it sticks.

Seems like real long shot, just trying to think of anything else that would allow the car to communicate with the mothership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Went to try that and realized I didn't connect the phone back to the Bluetooth yet. I wonder if I could send the radio to infotainment and they could reformat it or something.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
Went to try that and realized I didn't connect the phone back to the Bluetooth yet. I wonder if I could send the radio to infotainment and they could reformat it or something.
Been trying to come up with another idea and the best I have it try removing the defeater and see if the PP stay longer. Means you will have to hit ok on the error message for awhile, but maybe the defeater you bought is acting like an antenna?

Really all I can think of. There just has to more going on, but I don't know what.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Just an update on the status of my performance pages and my homemade resistor mod...still there and no 911 error. Would be awesome if Zauto figured it out but I would rather them spend the time finding all the chassis type numbers so others can get STP and launch working on their rides.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just an update on the status of my performance pages and my homemade resistor mod...still there and no 911 error. Would be awesome if Zauto figured it out but I would rather them spend the time finding all the chassis type numbers so others can get STP and launch working on their rides.
I think he last said he was working on software to block the cell services to prevent the need for that. I did tell him to check this thread for the other suggestions though.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
I think he last said he was working on software to block the cell services to prevent the need for that. I did tell him to check this thread for the other suggestions though.
I sent him 2 suggestions already so doubt he is paying attention. Launch control is low hanging fruit so not sure why they are not working on it?

341 - 360 of 381 Posts