Dodge Challenger Forum banner

361 - 380 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
Was just perusing the UConnect supplement looking for USB/SD info a ran across instructions to remove your Uconnect subscription from the radio. UConnect Apps -> My Apps -> Settings -> Remove Uconnect Account.

Has that been tried?

Probably has, but just in case it hasn't...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Was just perusing the UConnect supplement looking for USB/SD info a ran across instructions to remove your Uconnect subscription from the radio. UConnect Apps -> My Apps -> Settings -> Remove Uconnect Account.

Has that been tried?

Probably has, but just in case it hasn't...
Yeah, I posted that find and a link a while back. Unfortunately no such thing exists on my radio where it says remove Uconnect Account. I even called Uconnect saying I would like to remove all info associated with any accounts I had with the car because I said I was selling the vehicle and they said they have no account in their system. The resistor wrapped in copper foil has been working for me. Still have PP since disconnecting the cellular antenna.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
Yeah, I posted that find and a link a while back. Unfortunately no such thing exists on my radio where it says remove Uconnect Account. I even called Uconnect saying I would like to remove all info associated with any accounts I had with the car because I said I was selling the vehicle and they said they have no account in their system. The resistor wrapped in copper foil has been working for me. Still have PP since disconnecting the cellular antenna.
My gut said you at the very least had seen that and tried it. But better to repeat it than miss the chance to help someone out.

Glad to hear it is still working. (y)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
My gut said you at the very least had seen that and tried it. But better to repeat it than miss the chance to help someone out.

Glad to hear it is still working. (y)
Seriously I tried everything from calling uconnect a couple of times to even getting an Infotainment Genie despite trying with Tazer. Nothing worked. Even infotainment finally stated that if uconnect account or trial was ever enabled you will not be able to get PP. I have read of one or two guys making a call to uconnect and everything worked but they never state exactly what they said to uconnect to get their account or info removed. Maybe uconnect wised-up and stopped removing VINs from their system? If that is how it works?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Did you sign up for the Uconnect free trial? If not, maybe that's why. The others who got them to remove their info were able to because it had been activated, so could be deactivated if that makes sense. But yours having never been formally activated is just active from the factory?

A Guy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine had been activated by the previous owner and I activated it trying to get it to work. It never did. I called and gave them the same story i was selling to delete my information. Still didn't work lol. I'm going to try challys trick with the 10k resistor next.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #367 (Edited)
Same here. Car was leased for a couple of months by a women 2 towns over (stupid dealership printed out her info when I had it checked for the rear diff shortly after I bought it, at first I thought they were giving me back the wrong car). Unfortunately PP never worked when I got it just the 5 year sirrus traffic and weather. BTW uconnect asked for the VIN and said there was no account info.

The trick is actually from the Ram forum, I just used enough cable to get the resistor on the connector and then I wrapped it with shrink wrap and then copper tape which I solder the seams and then soldered to ground. Seems to work as I get barely 1 bar some times...main thing is that the 3G indicator never turns on.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #368 (Edited)
Well went to a part of town I don't normally visit for lunch and next thing I know PP goes bye-bye and I see the 3g icon lit-up. So apparently the signal was strong enough to come thru. Still when it worked, I would start the car and immedately access PP and get a "no active subscription" and then it goes to PP. So the radio is obviously programmed to look for a signal. There has to be a way to program the headunit so it does not search for a subscription. So I guess I need to reset the headunit yet again...bummer, I was hoping this would be a permanent fix. :(

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
... I see the 3g icon lit-up...
Pretty sure mine shows 3G all the time. I just assumed the radio saw the resistor as a 3G signal and showed the icon even if it didn't really have a connection.

The one time I saw something different was yesterday after trying to get to the "Remove Subscription" tab. It couldn't even open the UConnect Apps window because it couldn't get a signal and it seems like after that it showed a 1X or something instead of 3G.

Time to find a VIN from a wreck Challenger that came with a 5.0 UConnect and change all the modules to use that VIN?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
So i just noticed when I open PP the dashed lines start at the middle of the gauge, also when I shutdown the engine oil pressure stays at 28psi?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I want my PP to work so bad but the owner before me had a subscription to UConnect and I have not been able to get PP to stay on my car. I get the subscription not activated warning. I wish there was a way to kill the modem that is built into these radios. I know there is a way if you tear them apart but I don't feel like possibly bricking my radio.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #373 (Edited)
Alright folks, I think we have one more data point to the chassis type list.

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
non-STP Challenger SXT = 44
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
STP Challenger RT M6 (works on A8) = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis
non-STP 300S = 25

So does this mean an STP equipped Challenger SXT is 54?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Alright folks, I think we have one more data point to the chassis type list.

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
non-STP Challenger SXT = 44
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
STP Challenger RT M6 = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis
non-STP 300S = 25

So does this mean an STP equipped Challenger SXT is 54?
I used 77 on my non STP R/T A8 and got Launch control working.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #376 (Edited)
I want my PP to work so bad but the owner before me had a subscription to UConnect and I have not been able to get PP to stay on my car. I get the subscription not activated warning. I wish there was a way to kill the modem that is built into these radios. I know there is a way if you tear them apart but I don't feel like possibly bricking my radio.
On youtube there was someone who removed the cell modem but it also takes out GPS and XM.

Here is the guys blog about it.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
So i just noticed when I open PP the dashed lines start at the middle of the gauge, also when I shutdown the engine oil pressure stays at 28psi?
View attachment 997084
Looks like mine functions similarly other than mine shows 30 psi oil pressure when I turn the car off.

Speaking of the gauges, pretty sure they don’t do anymore than display a calculated value. Was watching a video on YouTube from Modern Red Hemi couple of days ago and he showed something like 335 hp when at WOT, and I know he has run high 11’s and is making way more hp than I am. You had some screenshots from HPtuner showing expected and actual hp, I bet this just displays those value.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
So I took a vid of performance pages while I slowly pressed on the pedal and torque seems to peak out at 465 lb-ft. I am sure this is not accurate as the air tables have been modified.

361 - 380 of 381 Posts