Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here’s what I did…

I used a plastic pry tool to get just under the seam of the little panel in the door.

I kind of put the flat end of the pry tool in the seam and ‘popped’ it in. I tried prying between the seam, but it started to damage the plastic on the door panel, so I stopped.

The panel is attached to an orange bracket thing.

It has small tabs on the side. Just use the pry tool and gently move the sides away while pressing the tabs.

Here’s what it looks like when it’s out.

Notice there’s an L on it. Of all the parts I took out, only this thing had any indicator of being from the driver or passenger side.

The orange bracket thing is connected to a white plug. The white plug has another one of those tab things, but it was very easy to depress.

Now, I had to take apart the orange bracket thing. It has more of those little tabs.

Take the top off, and the circuit board is inside.

The circuit board has two little prongs that just slide directly into the orange bracket thing.

The circuit board has one very small LED light soldered on it. I sent mine to someone else to remove the LED and reattach the new replacement LED.

When the LED is changed, put everything back together and then Voila! the project is complete!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice write-up :) Good Job, turned out nice :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got a better picture of the final product! yay!

I forgot to take one before I started, sooooo.. If anyone feels motivated to take a picture of the stock door handle lights, I'd be really really happy!

And, while you're there, if you have an automatic shifter, would you be so kind as to take a photo of the letters all lit up in the stock color?

What color is that anyway? Blue, green, blueish green??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the bulb in the shifter too. I figured I was installing the Hurst shifter anyhow, so why not.

Hard to see in the first one

Complete darkness

With the map lights on (yep, they are amber too)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Do you have an SRT? This must come on a certain package as one guy had a heck of a time trying to wire one up from scratch. I was following the thread and never saw if he completed his project.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I've got an SRT. I just 'changed' the color of the LEDs. I didn't actually create the new light switches or anything fancy like that :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts