Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RT Anniversary 5.7 M6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the TSV2300 for my '14. From research I know I need their 3.2" .440 offset pulley. But I've also heard I'll need a new belt. And I have no idea at what point in the install process that I make this conversion.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,226 Posts
Does Magnuson not provide any info on this?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,480 Posts
Does Magnuson not provide any info on this?
As far as I know, only to their dealers. And since it's not a package, but a modification, he'll have to measure for the belt once everything is together. When I first installed mine, it was for eight pounds of boost. I've since changed that to fourteen pounds of boost...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Swapp the 3.4" pulley for a 3.2"...every 0.1" reduction is ~1 psi boost increase. To make sure you have enough fuel delivery you will want to upgrade the fuel pump with something like this.

You will also want to make sure the injectors are around 60# and you will need to rescale timing and WOT fueling for the added boost. If you have HP tuners I can send you a base tune.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
on a TVS 2300 Magnuson

3.2 pulley on a 5.7 is 8 psi approx
3.4 pulley on a 5.7 is 6 psi approx

something else

"""" boost is a measurement of restriction """""""

less restrictive an engine, exhaust system, etc in the same set up will have a lower boost gage reading,

two identical vehicles, both same supercharger system

but one has long tube headers, that one will have a lower reading on teh gage but higher performance

do not get hung up on boost level, its nothing but a number, same as wheel horsepower,

different dynos, weather, humidity, da etc as we ll the operator can skew the number significantly

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
As for the belt size you will want to run a K060994. Also if you have not already done so upgrade the tensioner with the dayco HD version.

I run a thump racing tensioner and a 3.1" pulley and I get zero slip.

Another thing, ditch the little restrictor they put in the bypass line. Although you may need to adjust throttle/airflow in the tune.

As for the pulley I bought mine here.

But magnuson also sells them direct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for the belt size you will want to run a K060994. Also if you have not already done so upgrade the tensioner with the dayco HD version.

I run a thump racing tensioner and a 3.1" pulley and I get zero slip.

Another thing, ditch the little restrictor they put in the bypass line. Although you may need to adjust throttle/airflow in the tune.

As for the pulley I bought mine here.

But magnuson also sells them direct.
When you say ditch the restrictor do you mean the valve used to cut off boost at lower rpms?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn I wish I took care of that before they dyno tuned it this morning. Cost me $500.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took her to the dyno, only hitting 7psi max. What belt should I run to use a 3.1" pulley?

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,480 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also getting a water/meth kit installed Monday. I think I should start a build thread.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Also getting a water/meth kit installed Monday. I think I should start a build thread.
Was thinking about water/meth but magnuson does not recommend it...apparently impacts the coating used on the rotors. However, others seem to run it without issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts