Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My water pump went on my challenger dealer tell me that the part is on back order I live on the border an call a dealer 160 miles away they had the part so I drive late last night to get it an Tolkien it to the dealer this morning they gave me shit at what I did I said that I need this we are wait for a call from the doctor for my mother in law to have heart surgery an I aslk for a loaner an they will not give us one an know saying he can't warranty the part I said you are tell me that you can't go to another dealer to get the part for my car to fix that the part has to come through the parts dept well this is first dodge we have purchased in 25 plus years an it will be the last these company has the worst customer service problem I have ever dealt with every time some thing is wrong with this car they don't want to warranty anything.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Call the customer hotline 800# and they should be able to get it resolved.

·
Vendor
12,555 Posts
My water pump went on my challenger dealer tell me that the part is on back order I live on the border an call a dealer 160 miles away they had the part so I drive late last night to get it an Tolkien it to the dealer this morning they gave me shit at what I did I said that I need this we are wait for a call from the doctor for my mother in law to have heart surgery an I aslk for a loaner an they will not give us one an know saying he can't warranty the part I said you are tell me that you can't go to another dealer to get the part for my car to fix that the part has to come through the parts dept well this is first dodge we have purchased in 25 plus years an it will be the last these company has the worst customer service problem I have ever dealt with every time some thing is wrong with this car they don't want to warranty anything.
go to a different dealer, run away fast, call 800-992-1997
Luke

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
:bash::cat::ugh2::google::cursin::bangin::eek:hyeah::dunno:

:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
1ST - Sorry to hear about your Mother-In-Law hope all turns out good!
2nd - Don't blame Chrysler for the Dealers lack of customer support, do as Steve and Harbor suggested!
3rd - No Dealer will drive 160 miles to get a part, they would have to buy the part and have it shipped.
4th - We try to WORK with every customers demands or "personal" needs sometimes we/they are not able to.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
because to most people in a car dealership (excluding Luke) it's just a car.

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just a car or not that is PURE BS. I would be so mad I would just replace it myself and raise nine kinds of H.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sometimes its not what you say, but how you say it. when I worked in service if a person was reasonable we would go out of our way to help if they were unreasonable we went out of our way to annoy them. it;s simple math

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
sometimes its not what you say, but how you say it. when I worked in service if a person was reasonable we would go out of our way to help if they were unreasonable we went out of our way to annoy them. it;s simple math
simple but costly, not companies but entire countries are going out of business with this attitude...hence the one i came from 22 years ago and run away from like i had fire on my ass

so ashamed I took the citizenship here and wanted nothing to do with the other

listen to yourself! Simple math? this F/U math imo

OPD:domotwak:

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm not saying its right I'm saying its the way it is. If you walk into any business with an attitude you wont get the service like you would if you came in respectable. people tend to treat others as they are treated. I don't know where you come from, but I have been to many places world wide and it is the same every where I have been. Just last week I was at a business inquiring about getting an appointment the guy in front of me had an attitude and he got one back I just asked a simple question was not demanding they bow down to me and lo and behold my job is done while he is still waiting on an appointment. what I said was it may not have been what was said but how it was said.

·
Registered
679 Posts
All that is true but it's not like he brought them an Autozone water pump it was a Chrysler part that they couldn't get and he did!!!! They should go out of business acting like that!!!!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
:simmadown:

If anything we don't know all the circumstances of what went on.

What I see from what the OP was stating he went WAY out of his way to get the part and the Dealer made the mistake (HUGE) in not giving him credit for just trying to help get his car fixed in a more timely manner. To me even if he did not let us know what his intentions were I would have personally fixed his car or got him a loaner! That plain and simple is lack of training, lack of professionalism and lack of caring for another human being in a time of need.

Would I blame Chrysler and not buy another one of their products for another 25 years...NO I blame the Owner of the Dealership/Chain or GM/SM for not taking care of someone with a personal emergency and find another place to take my business. You keep dropping products till the next manufacturer f-ed up and eventually you ain't got a car.
Chrysler has a rating system for Customer Service and I sure some of you have gotten this Survey, good/bad/indifferent this can affect the Dealer in a negative way and Chrysler watches the BAD boys.

What happened to him happens in all walks of life, from the clerk at the local grocery store to the Bank at which you do business.

We surely could all agree on those points, no question! RIGHT?

What we don't want is this great place "Challenger Talk" we found in which to discuss our COMMON passion, the Challenger and throw stones at each other!

I am proud to be a U.S. Citizen it all the A-holes around the world (here included) that make the world difficult to bear sometimes.

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
simple but costly, not companies but entire countries are going out of business with this attitude...hence the one i came from 22 years ago and run away from like i had fire on my ass

so ashamed I took the citizenship here and wanted nothing to do with the other

listen to yourself! Simple math? this F/U math imo

OPD:domotwak:
The dealer is the one giving you the warranty on the part. So they will not warrant a part that did not come from their parts dept. I know it sounds bad but look at it from their point of view. They want to make sure its a genuine mopar part. The only way for them to do that is to get the part themselves. No car dealer will warrant a part that you bring in. Not Toyota not Honda or chev or ford or any one. So its not a matter of dodge customer service.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
The dealer is the one giving you the warranty on the part. So they will not warrant a part that did not come from their parts dept. I know it sounds bad but look at it from their point of view. They want to make sure its a genuine mopar part. The only way for them to do that is to get the part themselves. No car dealer will warrant a part that you bring in. Not Toyota not Honda or chev or ford or any one. So its not a matter of dodge customer service.
HUH

The OP said he went to another Dealer to get the part, so one would think he had a receipt from that Dealer and the UN-opened MOPAR box it came in. Thus one would think its original. We get parts from other Dealers all the time if we don't have it "in" stock at the time and it still carry's the same warranty regardless.

What it makes is a "messy" paperwork claim as the part needs to be attached to the RO for warranty claim purposes. Not sure how they would handle that at the moment, would have to ask our warranty clerk.

Just Sayin

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
HUH

The OP said he went to another Dealer to get the part, so one would think he had a receipt from that Dealer and the UN-opened MOPAR box it came in. Thus one would think its original. We get parts from other Dealers all the time if we don't have it "in" stock at the time and it still carry's the same warranty regardless.

What it makes is a "messy" paperwork claim as the part needs to be attached to the RO for warranty claim purposes. Not sure how they would handle that at the moment, would have to ask our warranty clerk.

Just Sayin
Like you said you get parts from other dealers. I bet you dont warrant parts your customers bring in. No dealer will.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
HUH

Just Sayin
I purchased my Mopar lowering springs thru my local dealer. They were on backorder. My local dealer found a set at another dealer, out of state. They paid something like $40 to have them shipped to their dealership...I wasn't charged a dime for the shipping.

I also purchased a Mopar CAI thru the internet. The internet dealer was Westbury Chrysler. A part of the Mopar kit failed and I tried to have it warrantied thru my local dealer. They wouldn't touch the warranty part as they were not the original selling dealer. I had to go back to the original selling dealer for the warranty claim. My dealer told me there was no way they could process the warranty paperwork. They recognized the part failed, they admitted the failure was a manufacturing defect and the part was under the 1/12 Mopar warranty....Still the paperwork proved too stressful. Westbury stepped up and provided to me a replacement kit component and all was well.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Like you said you get parts from other dealers. I bet you dont warrant parts your customers bring in. No dealer will.

Keep thinking that way and you will lose some customers.

Here is the deal, first maybe some facts:

-The pump on the car is getting the warranty the pump he bought is the replacement.
- He bought the pump at another Dealer so the part is a MOPAR part

Just so I am not talking out my rear end I asked people in the know at my work. Here is the answer I got.

We would have to call the Dealer he bought the pump from, explain the circumstances, ask them to reimburse the customer (depends how the paid for it) and then buy it from that Dealer. Of course if there were any additionals charges we would foot the cost for our customer.

I agree it gets tricky but there are more ways to get it done and make the customer happy if you are willing to go out of the way to do so.

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts