Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
You will need a handheld tuner like what DiabloSport sells to disable ESP. It will only stay disabled until the ignition is cycled, so it isn’t permanent or anything. Plus, it disables the ABS when you do it, so care had to be taken while executing the burnout, lest you slide into a curb or go off the road and do some real damage.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,525 Posts
Have you tired pushing and holdding the ESP button until it dings?

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Pretty sure you can do some poking around and find the right fuse somewhere
you can also pull up the console and console wire in a toggle switch to the yaw sensor hot wire that disables it on command. That will turn off/on ESP on command.

Doesn’t work for the SXT trim

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
you can also pull up the console and console wire in a toggle switch to the yaw sensor hot wire that disables it on command. That will turn off/on ESP on command.

Doesn’t work for the SXT trim
Haha thats what im talkin about!

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,525 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tryied to push start button + brake and push esp off , didn't help.
But I have abs warning sign also and brake.
Seems that I need to fix abs first than I would be able to disable in this way esp ?

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Tryied to push start button + brake and push esp off , didn't help.
But I have abs warning sign also and brake.
Seems that I need to fix abs first than I would be able to disable in this way esp ?
Possibly, but I think fixing whatever has the ABS and Brake lights illuminated should be priority number 1 regardless.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,785 Posts
First off, do you have sport mode? If you do then you can turn off TC and you should be able to spin your tire(s) to do a burnout.

Now donuts requires stability to be disabled which you can't do unless you have STP. You can a enable STP with alfaOBD software with a OBDlink MX+ interface (cheaper than getting a tazer and does not disable anti-lock brakes). See this link:
If you need help on how to do this I can walk you through it, would just need a read of your BCM.

Now when I just had sport mode (came with my RT+ but my buddy was able to enable it with alfaOBD on his charger SXT), I was only able to disable TC. However, with enabled STP it allowed me to turn off stability by holding the TC button for several seconds without the annoying flashing ABS and alerts Tazer would do when you had it plugged in and held the TC button for several seconds. Here is the post showing what stability turned off looks like.
With stability off, I can do donuts without stability fighting me.

BTW disabling ESP with diablo will require you to unlock your PCM...that plus diablo tuner will run you ~$800. Tazer will run you $250 and alfaOBD with OBDlink will run you $130.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have sport button on the dash ...
I bought obd wifi connector for 14$

I will look in to links that u provided. Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,785 Posts
I have sport button on the dash ...
I bought obd wifi connector for 14$

I will look in to links that u provided. Thanks.
First see if the OBD wifi interface you have will work with alfa. The software is available in android or PC (I use a win10 tablet).

So if you have sport mode you should have a TC "Sport" when you are in sport mode and hit the TC button. When you enable STP hitting sport mode will automatically disable TC.

When you enable STP, it should put performance control (aka launch control) on your Uconnect and if you hold the TC button down for several seconds you will be able to disable electronic stability (aka donut city).

Now if you want launch control to work we will need to figure out what chassis type number is for an SXT with STP. For example my RT M6 with non-STP is 76 but an RT M6 is 77. Once you find out that number you can change it in the BCM, re-initialize the ABS (all done with alfa) and bingo you now have STP with working launch control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts