Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dynoed my challenger today on hot rod power tour. And after trial and error a few times and searching, we finally figured out how to properly dyno it. Every single thread says to pull fuses but never tells which ones and where they are. So I’ll do you the hard work.

Step 1: every post you read that says you can turn it off in the car. Forget about it unless you have a SRT with track mode. But still I would pull the fuses to be sure.

Step 2: open the Fuse panel under the hood

Step 3: pull fuses 5, 6, and 36. These are for ABS.

Step 4: Give her hell.

Step 5: put the fuses back in.

Here’s my graph. Made 456rwhp and 462rwtq.

Edit: before anyone asks. Yes it was done in 4th gear.

Mods on the car are straight pipes with dynomax 24250 in place of resonators and hellcat airbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Good info, is your car an A8 or 6M. If it's an A8, I thought it was suppose to be in 6th gear for the dyno.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info, is your car an A8 or 6M. If it's an A8, I thought it was suppose to be in 6th gear for the dyno.

It’s a manual. 1:1 is 4th with the 6 speed. 6th in the A8 is pretty high MPH on a dyno, it’s 177mph. Pretty high for a dyno.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It’s a manual. 1:1 is 4th with the 6 speed. 6th in the A8 is pretty high MPH on a dyno, it’s 177mph. Pretty high for a dyno.
Interesting, cause from what I understand is that in the A8, 6th gear is 1:1. Read that somewhere in a post. Have to find it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6th is 1:1 on the A8. The issue is that it isn’t advised to run speeds upward of 150mph or so on a dyno, depending on its rating. Most are rated to around 160mph or so. And the A8 at the rev limiter is 177mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts