Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2010 Challenger SRT-8.

I believe I have the 7 speaker setup. One on each side of the dash and center, 1 in each door, and 2 in the back.

I don't want to go and tear things apart to find out, but is there a way to find out?

Mainly I want to know because I found a Kicker factory sub for sale that came out of a 2010, but not sure if it'll work. I ask because looking at the pictures on crutchfield, it shows a amp you have to hook up, and the auction in question doesn't show an amp included.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also another question, does anyone have issues with their radio?

Since it's been cold out there are times the radio will freeze. Pressing the buttons won't do anything.

I've since then loaded some music on my 430 REN and the music doesn't show up on the HDD. If I check system info, it shows the amount of space used.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
So I have a 2010 Challenger SRT-8.

I believe I have the 7 speaker setup. One on each side of the dash and center, 1 in each door, and 2 in the back.

I don't want to go and tear things apart to find out, but is there a way to find out?

Mainly I want to know because I found a Kicker factory sub for sale that came out of a 2010, but not sure if it'll work. I ask because looking at the pictures on crutchfield, it shows a amp you have to hook up, and the auction in question doesn't show an amp included.
If your SRT didn't have the trunk mounted 10" Kicker sub (left side), then yours is equipped with the BA 6-speaker audio - this was the base system [286W]. This was dash (2), doors (2), and rear shelf (2).

Kicker was mandatory option with the 730N (code RER radio), the only radios in '10 offered for SRT8 Challengers were the MC130 (single CD), MC230 (6-CD changer) and the MC730N (navigation/touch screen/HDD).

The kicker used co-axials in dash, doors and rear shelf plus the sub - in Chrysler's literature they called this the 13-speaker Kicker Audio.

Similar to todays Performance Audio (H-K), they count the triax (doors and rear shelf) and coax (dash) speakers plus the dual subs and dub that the 18 speaker system.

Reactions: wiseoracle

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you. The answer I was looking for.

Now I just need to figure out why the 430 REN stops responding on occasion.

Makes sense, since I cannot find an area to plug in the sub in the trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts