Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my one of my 4 piston brembo brakes got damaged where the banjo bolt goes into, the thread is stripped or too shallow that it won’t catch the bolt or seal it correctly. So now it squirts oil when I step on the brakes.

Is this fixable? Does anybody know how I can fix the threading or what I can do?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,145 Posts
Are you certain the threads on the caliper are the problem? If so, you could try a tap or thread chaser to get the bolt to start, but replacing the caliper may be the best bet if threads are too badly damaged.

I would closet inspect the bolt to make certain it was not the problem. I’m not saying that’s more likely, only that it is certainly easier to replace that bolt than it is the caliper, so why not rule it out first...

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
Can we see a picture? It really depends how damaged it is. A visual would help
Shouldn’t we be willing to help him out regardless of what he looks like??

Although, now that I think about it, you’re probably right, we’re better off adopting a “NO uggos on ChallengerTalk!” policy for new members.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,957 Posts
He's a Marine...he looks fine ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
978 Posts
Hey now..... One can’t presume that because he’s a Marine that he’s good looking. Remember this guy? LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
Hey now..... One can’t presume that because he’s a Marine that he’s good looking. Remember this guy? LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
looks fine to me! 😬

1 - 7 of 7 Posts