Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd help with some real world experience. Yep tried the many adhesives suggested in prior posts. To no avail, around the center AC Vents....didn't work. So I spoke to JB Weld Rep...told her what I tired, suggested on here many I had already, yada yada yada....she said use the JB Plastic Weld 5min Qwick Setting Translucent Yellow...dual applicator Gold Yellowish Label....any Wal Mart....at the 50% center right on the Vent Lip use a trim removal too, the thin one slip under, pry up and slowly slip dead center, under the edge, that's were the large side clip is located, lift slowly and it will release, wiggle out from right side first the rest will follow....place in a safe area. Next place some facial size towel into opening...you'll see why....have something like leather swatches I get them from Lazy Boy Showrooms they are free and 4 to 6 plastic tensioner hand vises....four pack at Wal Mart....this stuff comes out clear and runny, sans the towel placement.....mix together say on a piece of cardboard....remember it's very runny....so wear a glove....lift up the Dash area to be glued and apply with the included baby popsicle mixing stick liberally....with edges clean...place leather or whatever on dash area and then clip down the edge....wipe off excess....reclip it walk away....my day hot 90 degr. It will set in 5 to ten mins....hard in an hour.....next morning remove everthing reinstall center vent going in right passenger side to the left and snaps back in easily.....this is real automotive ABS plastic adhesive....this stuff really works like a charm. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
Punctuation, you're doing it wrong.
To sum up, it worked?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This stuff is the real deal....its solid and in this freaking heat wave....it is done....finally a real conclusion that really works....yes I did use the 3m and that was worthless.....the underlayment for the dash abs plastic....is a bit pourous....this J B Weld adheres to this material yet the softness for flexibility resides allowing for expansion and contraction for ambient temperature so the dash doesn't crack under normal circumstance. Really, this product Welds the two surfaces together.....it reminds me of the surfactant used on motherboards for electronics and soldering heat absorption....face towel meant sizing above on post....I have those whatchamacallit high absorption workshop thingys....oh and yes I have that 3m tape that's 2 sided and is used for Specialty applications once on it will not come off....that stuff failed for the first time ever in 30 years....the J B is the best to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts